1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

L&L Hawaiian BBQ

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Travel333, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Travel333

Travel333 Tourist

Has anyone ever ate at this restaurant? Is it any good? We will be visiting next month.

2. hard6

hard6 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    L&L is a fast food Hawaiian bbq chain that has expanded to the mainland. While I haven't been to any location in LV, I'm very familiar with this chain being I'm from Hawaii. Their food is ok to me, they are more of a take out joint with a counter and some tables to eat at (some Hawaii transplants love this chain, I think because it's inexpensive) they have your basic Hawaiian style bbq plate lunches (Teri chicken, Teri beef, bbq short ribs)

I personally think you should try one of the island flavors chain that has a huge selection of Hawaiian style food including poke, which is getting really popular in the mainland now. Hope this helps! Aloha!

3. Travel333

Travel333 Tourist

hard6, thanks. We are from the East coast and don't know anything about Las Vegas.

4. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are a number of L&L restaurants in vegas. One near the boulevard shopping mall, another at the intersection of sahara and Maryland parkway but there are many more in vegas.

Their plates are large and filling although some people aren't into the macaroni salad and sticky rice (I think you can ask for tossed green salad instead, IMHO they put too much mayo in the mac salad). They do have "mini" portions if the regular plate is too much for you. Being diabetic I'm not into 2 scoops rice so I order the mini plates instead (1 scoop rice). That way I don't overeat also.

L&L is more of a chain restaurant but there are a number of other "Hawaiian" style restaurants in vegas (esp since there are a number of Hawaii transplants there).

Be forewarned that L&L isn't for everyone, some people don't like them or think their food is too "rich" (or too "oily" or too much sauce, etc.) but guess if you have a car they are good to try out at least one time.

5. Travel333

Travel333 Tourist

Thanks Makikiboy for your input on this restaurant. Having a lot of mayo in the macaroni salad is a Southeastern US thing. We live in the Carolinas (but grew up in Maryland) and
    both of those areas like their mayo. We have a limited time in Las Vegas, doing a few days before and a few days after our excursion to the Hoover Dam and the Grand Canyon.
    I'm not sure what all we will have time for but I like to research as much as possible before we go. Thanks again.

6. hard6

hard6 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Try researching on Yelp, lots of Hawaiians and Hawaiians at heart log onto Yelp

7. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good Luck Travel333. At least the prices at L&L won't break your bankroll, you can probably get most plates for under $10.

Guess I'm getting old (over 55+) so I can't handle the mayo as much as before. But then it just might be the stuff they put in the mac salad that is giving me problems.

8. Aces and Eights

Aces and Eights VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I live in Southern Cal, and I go to L&L about once every couple of months. The one here in Pasadena has 99 cent spam musubis on Wednesdays. I usually get the chicken katsu, sometimes with curry. I find their katsu sauce is too sweet so I usually take it home and use my own store-bought katsu sauce. I find that most of the independent Hawaiian food places have much better food. I like Aloha Specialties at the Cal, but I haven't been downtown in years.