1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Kudos to Southwest Customer Service

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Kobra2848, Jul 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had booked our return flight back in June during one of their sales and was hoping for a good price on the outbound. With our trip less than 50 days out I went ahead and booked the outbound Monday using a promo code they sent out to rapid reward members that offered 20% off plus 1000 bonus points. In my haste I booked the wrong flight picking a flight that was not direct adding two hours to the trip. Being a guy I figured I could just cancel and re-book since the points go directly back into your account. The only problem was the promo code was one coming up invalid when I tried to re-book. I was given the number for SWA customer service in Dallas and it took her awhile but she was able to fix my error and saved me about 8000 points.

Mark

2. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wholeheartedly agree. A few years ago my folks had flights on SWA to FLL to catch a cruise. There was a huge blizzard heading our way--I called SWA to get them out before the blizzard hit. They did not have a weather advisory out yet, but the rep knew the forecast & went ahead & rebooked them. The flights were higher since it was so close, but she only charged us the increase in taxes (a few dollars a person).

Still the only one that includes luggage & allows me to make changes for free (and get credit if the price drops!) And it is rare that another airline can match their price, even with the higher rates we have been seeing the last year. And DIRECT to Vegas--yeah, baby!

PLUS got BOTH of their credit cards this spring--100K free points just for charging (and paying right off!) things I have to buy anyway!

3. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The SWA Customer Relations folks in Dallas are fantastic!!! I was 80 points shy of re-upping for their Companion Pass program at the very end of last year and was looking to buy flowers or something off their website to get the points. The 1-800 Flowers people screwed-up the order, so I couldn't get the points, so I called Customer Relations to see if they had any quick suggestions on what I could buy quickly to get over the hump. The fella's exact words were, "Sir, you've been a great customer of ours, I'll gladly add the points." ... and he did! Now it was 80 points not 800 or 8,000... I don't know where the generosity "cut-off is, but I was awfully pleased.

4. dutchvelvet

dutchvelvet VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This thread vis a nice change from the news story about Comcast customer service. Nice to see a company actually helping.

5. symbols

symbols Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Would sure love to get ahold of a 20% off plus 1000 point code :wink2:

6. EastCoastVegasFan!

EastCoastVegasFan! High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Southwest, is by far, the best customer service in the airline industry. I only fly Southwest, both professionally and for fun. Not only are they the best customer service, they have the best point structure, your bags lactose-free, and they're always on time out of Baltimore headed to Vegas :)

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.