1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Knick Fans....Calm Down.....Derrick Rose ?

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by Joe Strummer, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Joe Strummer

Joe Strummer VIP Whale

Things are SO BAD for NY Knick fans --
    This town's sports talk hosts are acting like
    Derrick Rose is GOD !.....?
    Frickkin' guy has been hurt for several years + is NOT the same guy
    he was years ago.
    These sports hosts act like The Knicks are now going to be playing
    for a championship.
    Geez, set the guy up for failure !....he'll be getting booed - if he plays
    more than 10 mins a game..........with a bum knee !
    It's stupid.

• Like Like x 1
  2. cokeboy99

cokeboy99 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The plus side for him is that it's a contract year and he'll likely play through the pain and do what it takes in order to get another good contract after this year. So the Knicks have that going for them. All in all, I agree....he thought Chicago media was bad, wait until the NYC press is all over him.

3. grosx2

grosx2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As a Bulls fan, I'm just happy we got someone to take on the last year of his contract without giving up a first round pick.

Not exactly a haul, but Lopez is a serviceable center on a decent contract and Grant is still young.

Both parties needed to move on, still a little sad to see him go though. Despite the injuries, ill-advised comments and obvious decrease in effectiveness, his departure still marks the end of an era in Chicago.

4. Joe Strummer

Joe Strummer VIP Whale

One man's junk, is another's treasure !

5. spdandpwr

spdandpwr Low-Roller

Hmmm, this article seems to suggest otherwise:

[By and large, Jackson characterized the acquisition of Derrick Rose as less of a game-changer and more of a step towards improvement. There was tempered enthusiasm in the cavernous practice facility, mixed in with Jackson’s usual impatience for press conferences. And as far as the point guard’s scary injury history, Jackson said, “There’s always a risk-reward to everything we do in this business.”]

Source: NY Daily News

With that, I'm hoping for a sound season from the Knicks this year...If I remember correctly, they started last season with some sound momentum...

6. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As a Bulls fan... let me say hahahaha.

This guy is more concerned about his next contract [may be great next year] and preserving himself for his kids graduation then he is about winning.

I lost respect for him 2 years ago when doctors said he was ok to play in playoffs... everyone else is playing hurt and he is sitting cause he didn't feel right.

Downtown - Wanker Returns after baby!
    Wanker Returns After Baby
  7. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All injuries, verbal gaffes and lawsuits aside, I really wonder if they understand his game. He only gives the ball up if he can't make the shot himself. I think the Knicks wanted a PG that would distribute the ball and D Rose ain't that guy. I am glad he is gone and I am tired of people acting the Bulls screwed up getting rid of him. They were so shocked that someone really wanted him that they took whatever to get his butt out of here. Too bad they didn't do the same with Gasol. At the end of the day, when a Chicago fan tells you that a player or coach is a bum, history usually proves them right.

8. wanker751

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree Leo, I am shocked someone wanted him.

As for the Bulls I wish they'd blow the whole thing up and trade Butler toom

9. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Now if there was some way to get Durant in the mix.....a Knick's fan can dream can't he?

10. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not baggin' on you Wanker, but I think your post is indicative of how fans feel about their sports players in general; that being interchangeable and expendable commodities. It's no wonder athletes don't "lay it all on the line" for the team or the fans... they're smarter than that now. They have a finite set of years to "get theirs". Nobody gives 2 shits about them when they get injured or their career's tumble. I agree, today's superstars for the most part of self-absorbed and selfish, but nobody looks out for them except them. I hope Rose and the Knicks do well this year... the NBA's better-off when the East isn't just slightly better than the D-League, but the likelihood is Rose will get hurt again and this may be the end of the road for him.

11. wanker751

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well I am not a 'dis guy don't try hard i pay his salary' guy by any means.

But those are literally things he said.... he refused to play when doctors said he was okay to play. Rose is not a smart fellow and the media here on chicago was easy on him, wait til new York gets a hold of him! If you are a Knicks fan you see. He also had issues deferring to
    Jimmy Butler.

12. shokhead

shokhead I'm no big spender!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    He hasn't played 30 minutes in 10 consecutive games in 5 years. Go ahead, take him NYK.

Here we go again!