1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

KNC Pro-Am on TV

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by ken2v, Apr 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

I see GC is broadcasting a bit of the Kraft Nabisco Pro-Am.

I played in it a few years ago. Best pro-am experience out of all I've had. A few gem memories come to mind:

Day two, hitting in to the massive island green on 18 on the Old Course. I had a gap wedge that I … STONE COLD SHANKED under the bleachers on the right. My caddie came over, leaned in and said, "Tip your cap." So I turned to the stands and tipped my cap. The crowd cheered.

Day one, we're walking up six on the Palmer Course and the gods are smiling as I've just greased a fifth drive. My 110 pound (maybe) pro, Teresa Lu comes over and in cute-clipped English says, "You hit ball long. I no close so long as you." Then one of my amateur partners cruises by, pokes my gut and intones, "Sure, Teresa, but you're giving away a good 140, maybe 160 to him. And you don't four-putt."

At the awards dinner my first-day group is called up because we cashed. William Devane, a day-two partner, calls out: "Hey, TwoV, what gives? You pissed at us? You send someone out for you on Tuesday?" So I look at him, laugh, and say: "Bill, you're B-List now, why waste my A-game?"

But the highlight was spending a half-hour, just Terri and me, talking to Don Felder. Cool. And, yes, I did tell him that most everyone thinks Glenn Frey is an asshole. :)

2. jwkick

jwkick Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like watching the ladies as they are really good players.

More men should watch them because the majority of men hit the ball about the same averages as the women do. I can usually hit a 7 about 150. I wish I could hit it 175 to 190 like the men pga but not able to generate the club head speed needed to that. The ladies also have awesome short games which everyone should practice more along with your putting.

You can save more stokes with a good short game and taking the time to that than whacking ball after ball on the range.

3. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Amen to this.

Better than average male recreational players are right about in the average-yardage wheelhouse of the just-above-mid-mark LPGAer. Every guy says he mashes it 280 yards, but that's just B.S. Unadulterated B.S. for all but a relatively small percentage of non-elite players. The physics of it all simply doesn't allow it.

Probably the most important thing we could learn from them? Tempo.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.