1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

King Crab legs at any seafood night buffet?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by tominiowa, Jan 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tominiowa

tominiowa High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does any buffet serve King crab legs anymore? Or have they all went to snow crabs?
    Has anyone tried the Eastside Cannery Buffet that advertises crab legs on Friday night?

Thanks for any help

2. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The buffet at Aria had King crab legs but they were very small. They were split in half but not worth the effort.

This was in late November.

Christmas Trip. Sam's Town & MSS
  3. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As an avid fan of "Deadliest Catch", I can tell you that King Crab numbers have been well off for two seasons. I'm not sure about my facts, but I think that the Alaskan Fisheries Commission is going to cut back on the catches to allow for the population to build back up, so look for buffets not serving King Crab to continue.

Many restaurants in Las Vegas offer King Crab at Market Price, which is probably off the charts expensive.

4. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last time I was at the Bellagio buffet for dinner they had decent size king crab legs

5. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Ramblin' Gamblin' Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Had 1 1/2 pound (which was far too much) King Crab legs at Redwood (in The California) this past September and they were excellent. Dinner included potato and soup or salad and IIRC it was $45. Pre split, prepared nice - much better than the buffet experience at the same price.

They could (likely will) cost more at a Strip resturant, depending on the type.

6. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yup, they serve king crab legs during dinner and snow crab legs during lunch. Both crabs are split in half and they offer the crabs either steamed or chilled.

7. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That sounds worth trying! Thanks! :beer:

8. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Over-Fried Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had the King Crab legs at Redwood also. My wife would order their prime rib and we would share. More than enough for two and better than going to a buffet that offers the two entrees. It seems that the restaurant's quality and quantity for crab legs and prime rib is consistent, whereas at the buffet these two items can be hit or miss....

Going to Hawaii's 9th Island!!
    Going to Hawaii's 9th island!!
  9. drfishalot

drfishalot Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    king and snow at bellagio buffet. was there early december, both already split

10. 2VegasNuts

2VegasNuts High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had Aria buffet this past Saturday night. I went for the King Crabs legs and the buffet was comped. It was not worth the walk over there and I would not go for the crab legs again even if comped. They were pre-split, tasteless (like they had been sitting in water for days), and very small.

11. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From my own experiences, every crab leg I've had at Wynn, Bellagio, MGM Grand, and Aria tasted and were presented the same way. It seems to be a Vegas thing.

I still think Aria has the best buffet on the Strip.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.