1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Keep getting NFR/PBR offers... wtf?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by ocpzoink, Aug 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ocpzoink

ocpzoink Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Think this is the 3rd corp comp offer from TI for PBR/NFR with free room stays. Is this what everyone gets or is it they are thinking I am western Canadian and like rodeos? I get other offers, just this seems to come up regularly and seems very odd. Any views?

2. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

We're from Ohio, where cowboys ride Harleys, and we like rodeos and rodeo people. Rodeo time (either NFR or PBR, but especially NFR) is a good time to visit Las Vegas. What I wonder is how TI got into it. Orleans and South Point are the two places we've seen a lot of cowboy types.

3. chonglosaxon

chonglosaxon MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think TI is a sponsor or host hotel starting this year. They have completely lost their identity if you ask me. They continue to make mistake after mistake at that property

4. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Paris seems to think I'm of Middle Eastern descent. Every few months I get stuff from their VP of Middle East marketing (or something similar) inviting me to shows featuring Middle Eastern entertainers. The invites are always in what I assume is Arabic in addition to English.

It's kinda funny because my name is about as Anglo as it gets. And the only ancestors I know about that aren't English or Scottish are German. (I do tan quite well, so I'm guessing there's something else in my genetic soup.)

This is neither here nor there. Your wondering about why you get rodeo marketing made me think of it, I suppose.

Number 50!
  5. Aces and Eights

Aces and Eights VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I keep getting offers to see Chinese or Vietnamese performers. Although I am of Asian descent, I have no idea who any of these performers are, nor do I speak those languages. It's like giving somebody who is of German descent, offers to see Swedish or French performers because their great-grandparents came from Germany; and Sweden and France are also European nations.

6. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Facial recognition technology is scary, isn't it? But wait a minute. If it's true that they're customizing our invites in that way, why don't I get invited to the polka fests?

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.