1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Kahunaville: Any Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by TylerH50, Jul 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TylerH50

TylerH50 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just booked a group dinner (15 or so) for my upcoming trip in September at Kahunaville. I had a drink there once before, but never eaten there. I'm sure a few of you on the board have before. Any feedback, good or bad, would be appreciated.

Thanks!

2. GottaLuvCruising

GottaLuvCruising High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have dined at Kahunaville twice. The first time (a couple years ago) was very good. The second time was 9 days ago and it was excellent! I highly recommend their bang bang shrimp, but the other three ladies in my group all had different dishes and loved them as well.

FYI - I bought a voucher (LivingSocial?) for about $16-$17 per person including a drink, salad and entrée - excellent value! Voucher indicates one per table but we had no challenges at all in using two at our table for four (did ask in advance.)

President's Week School Vacation in Las Vegas
  3. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We had a Groupon for it last year and thought it was pretty good. I was pleasantly surprised.

4. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hubby and I used a Groupon for it last year too and it was pretty good. Hubby had some dry ice volcano type drink that smoked like hell. I do wonder about having a drink with dry ice, but he survived :)

5. MTROH

MTROH Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They previous gave out a lot of discount coupons, so I tried breakfast once and never again. The price of the meal was discounted but $4 for coffee plus $6 for oJ was way more than the TI buffet breakfast price.

6. GeorgeandTheBear

GeorgeandTheBear Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We had a BOGO free sandwich coupon. When we went to use it they would only honor it for a sandwich under $10. There was only one sandwich on the menu under $10, a chicken sandwich for $9.99. That's a buy one, get a chicken sandwich free, coupon.My wife questioned them on it and the waitress confirmed that was correct. We felt like it was bait-and-switch and just got up and left her standing there. My wife was still ticked about it and went down there the next morning and spoke with the manager about it. He pretty much told her she was stupid to be upset since no one else ever said anything. Maybe not, but we won't ever step foot in there again. There's too many places to eat in Vegas to have to deal with "used car sales" tactics.

7. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting. I take it the coupon had no dollar value on it? If that's the case I'd be ticked too. And even if it somewhere said $10 on the coupon the fact that there was only one option at that price would have ticked me off as well.

8. kel3420

kel3420 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Went there for a wedding reception last year. Approx 10 people. Bride talked to someone beforehand regarding 2/1 vouchers and was given approval. Got the bill and they wouldn't honor it. Very disappointing experience that should have been the opposite.

9. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bad experience there. Do not recommend.

10. GNH2013

GNH2013 Newbie

We stay at TI and eat at Kahunaville a couple of times each trip. Usually a breakfast and either a lunch or dinner. We've never been disappointed-- food and service have been very good.

11. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Get the coconut shrimp!!!!!!!

When we first ate there they had this awesome firecracker wrap sandwich.
    For some reason it was removed from the menu but sometimes we still ask for it and they make it.

I like the place but we just don't get down to that end of the strip often enough.
    We are staying at Caesars later this year and already planned to stop by.

12. sr1972

sr1972 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a very strange experience the one time I visited. I had previously purchased a Groupon, went in early to wait for some friends, was seated, ordered and drink and then the weird stuff started happening. The waitress, while very attentive, kind of freaked me out, she kept coming to the table, asking really weird questions and acting very strange, as a matter of fact it was so strange, I didn't even wait for my friends to arrive, I drank my drink as fast as I could and got out of there.

With all that said, I'd be willing to chalk that up as a one off experience and try it again, just haven't gotten around to it, too many other options in Vegas.

13. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know if they still have the oxygen bar in the front of the place but when we went there last year we had a drink at the bar after our lunch and the girl running the oxygen bar asked if we wanted to try it for free. She really just wanted someone sitting there to possibly attract customers since she had no customers the hour or so we had been there. It did work, once we sat down some others stopped by and sat down. It didn't really do anything for me, I would never pay for it. .

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.