1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Ka, Zarkana or O

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by Elayne, Dec 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elayne

Elayne Tourist

I m in doubt about which cirque show to visit (and possibly use my LP's on) so I hope you guys can help me decide:

1) Which one is the best? I read a lot of good things about Ka (and i like the fact that it is the show with the most "story" elements in it). Any advice?
    2) What does "premium" ticket mean in terms of seating. To what ticket level is it equal and do you get a choice in seating?
    3) Is it possible to upgrade the premium tickets to eg golden circle tickets?

We will be staying at Bellagio so we have the advantage of being MGM guests, I guess this can make a difference when trying for upgrades etc

Thx in advance!

2. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've only seen Ka and Zarkana. Seen Ka three times and Zarkana twice. Seen Ka twice with the fight scene and once without. Seen Zarkana before and after the restaging.

1)If you "have to" have a story to follow, then Ka would be the best. I think that Zarkana after the restaging, even though they took away by favorite performer (the lady juggler) was still better if you don't care about a storyline.
    2)Premium is lower level seating, but not in the center. i had "premium myVegas" tickets both times and was in the 7th row, but both times in section 101, which is lower left. Take the seats closest to the center.
    3)I'm not sure, I didn't want to spend any cash out of pocket so I didn't try.

Hope that helps.

3. Piggylane

Piggylane Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The lady juggler is still in the Zarkana show. Maybe she had a night off when you saw it. I was there for the 5 December show and the new show seemed better than the last one. Maybe the two pitchers of Margaritas had something to do with it? It is more of the circus act of the three.

KA is great but O in my opinion is the best costumed and has the best music. Not sure about how to go about upgrading to the golden circle tickets as I usually ask VIP Services to arrange premium seats for me. Never asked for the Golden ones.

4. Reel Investor

Reel Investor Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't seen Zarkana (I've heard it is good) but I've seen O and KA. They are both fantastic, KA with faster moves and neat martial arts acrobatics, O with more of the slow graceful performances (and lots of water). So it really just depends on what you're looking for. Given those three, I don't really think you can lose no matter what you pick.

5. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1) O (by a long shot)
    2) KA
    3) Zarkana

Zarkana is nothing special, IMO.

6. Slotchick

Slotchick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've seen all 3 shows compliments of MyVegas. "O" was ok, I didn't enjoy it all that much our tickets were in the middle with great views of the entire stage so we didn't miss anything. Zarkana our premium tickets were off to the right closest seats to the middle and I found they were too close but we could see the expressions on the faces of the cast. Zarkana was a circus like show and I enjoyed it more than O (something you will not hear often). Ka was my far my favorite but our MyVegas seats were middle section 3 rows from the stage and much to close. I think the storyline is the main factor that I enjoyed Ka the most.

Asking others for opinions is great but I really think when it comes to the cirque shows go with what you feel would be more suited to your likings as reviews are really in the eye of the beholder.

7. npom

npom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Of the 3 show I liked Ka the best. "O" bored me to death and Zarkana was nothing special.

8. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never seen O so I can't comment on that.

I LOVED Zarkana. I've seen all of the cirque shows but Zumanity, Michael Jackson and O, and Zarkana is my favourite only behind Mystere.

With that said, I didn't mind KA and I didn't get to see it with the battle scene, which I've been told makes a HUGE difference.

But yeah, I really liked Zarkana. The sand picture lady blew me away

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.