1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Ka vs Zumanity - opinions

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by garfan, Jun 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garfan

garfan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am going to redeem the free myvegas reward, I wanted to do Zarkana but it was dark the times I would be in vegas
    I have a ton of points on myvegas so that is not an issue

Even though I have been to vegas too many times to count I have never been to a cirque show so figured since it was free I talked my husband into going to one

for a first time cirque goer Ka or Zumanity

2. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've seen 3 Cirque shows, Zumanity was my least favorite. It had a totally different vibe. Have not seen Ka though.
    One thing I've heard on VMB about Zumanity Premium seats, they could be in the front row. Some of the folks in the front row get pretty involved in the show. I mentioned this recently when I booked Beatle's Love, the rep said I could have gotten the Premium tickets and requested a few rows back.

Christmas Trip. Sam's Town & MSS
  3. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've seen all the Cirque shows in LV and think Ka and LOVE are the best ones.

Bill

4. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw KA before the unfortunate fatal accident last year that caused the whole ending of the show to be changed. I believe that the climactic final battle sequence is now projected onto the stage instead of actually being acted out. KA is a spectacular production - one of my favorite Cirque shows. I had premium seats and it almost felt like I was part of the show. The sets move and change and are really amazing. The theater itself is a work of art. I would highly recommend it. As for Zumanity, I am seeing it on my upcoming trip, so I can't give any input on it yet, but I specifically requested seats far back from the front because I do not want to become a part of the spectacle!

5. pphold

pphold pp Park Place Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They are different Cirque shows. I actually like KA but I saw it after the change so I can see why it was better before. I like both better than Zarkana.

I would go see Ka Again.

6. garfan

garfan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks for all your input, I was able to redeem Ka on myvegas so I guess I will check it out

7. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

I have seen both several times now and both are at the bottom of my Cirque list...and I love me sone Cirque! I used to say Ka had a slight edge over Zarkana, but having seen both after the change to Ka, i can actually sit through Zarkana now with less dozing off, compared to Ka.

Edit: I'm an idiot! Don't know why i thought you were asking about ka vs zarkana...lol. i have watched zumanity once and while somewhat entertaining, it is also at the bottom of my cirque list. Although i did not doze off during zumanity, i would probably choose to go to ka for a nap again, over going to zumanity for a second time.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
  8. seviay

seviay High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Zumanity was lame to me. I don't know if it was an off night for the performers, or if they've been doing it too long, but some of the performances felt a little mailed in and lacking in passion and execution that you typically find in a Cirque show. There also wasn't enough of the crazy Cirque acrobatics for my liking.
    I can also confirm that if you get premium tickets, you will be sitting in the first 7 or 8 rows, and likely closer than that. My wife was selected to go up on stage, which annoyed me. I wasn't worried about her doing anything embarrassing or hitting on another guy, but we were there to see a show together, and she was gone for maybe 10 or 15 minutes of the show. If you want to avoid possibly being selected, go with the standard, non-premium tickets.
    I would see KA 10 times out of 10 before seeing Zumanity.

9. garfan

garfan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    redeem myvegas for Ka and got tickets in the 5th row

if they select you to go up on stage, can you not just DECLINE

10. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

They do not pull anyone on stage for Ka

11. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I've never seen Ka performers do that either.

Bill

12. Kryten2x4b

Kryten2x4b Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We saw both on our last visit and preferred Zumanity of the 2 , I fell asleep during KA (much to my wife's annoyance) and found it boring, each to their own but I would suggest Zumanity out of your choices.

13. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My vote is for KA.

14. Junkyard Hog

Junkyard Hog Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've seen both. They are very different shows.

If you want to laugh see Zumanity.
    If you want to say wow see KA

15. Lucky Sal

Lucky Sal Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    KA blows Zumanity away!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.