1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Ka Standard companion v premium ticket?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by TrueblueAl, Jan 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrueblueAl

TrueblueAl Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got 23000 lp to spend on vegas slots for feb and my mrs would like to see ka so looking at getting tickets for ka?

However i'm not sure whether to pick the standard ticket option or the premium ticket option.I know its basically a buy on get one free option and obviously the premium ticket is more expensive when buying the initial ticket. But is the premium ticket worth it, why is it more expensive?

2. Fligster

Fligster VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's based on seating location. I purchased premium companion, for feb and have I think 4 th row center seats. The ticket I bought was $141.90 with taxes, I had the searing chart open while ordering so I knew my options when she said what was available.

3. TrueblueAl

TrueblueAl Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks mate. I've not redeemed anyting through myvegas yet. When you redeem it do you get a voucher to print out and you can take it to vegas with you where you can then order the other ticket or do you need to book before going?

4. Fligster

Fligster VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You call up and give your redemption code. You book the tickets and pay for your ticket then. They give you a confirmation number and then when in Vegas pick up the tickets at the box office. Just like if you purchased by calling and weren't using myvegas. We're going to the 2/19 7:30 or 7:00 forget the exact time.

5. josassoc

josassoc Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    KA theater is pretty deep.

I've been to see KA twice. Once, I let a friend pick the tickets and we were literally sitting against the back wall of the theater. The entire show I kept thinking what crappy seats we had. The next time I just bought tickets and paid attention to TA & Yelp reviewers advice -- not too close to the stage and not too far back, try to get seats toward the middle to see everything.

The problem with redeeming myvegas show seats is that you have NO CHOICE in the seating selection. They ask, "are you sure you want to redeem your LP's?" Then, after you say "yes" and have redeemed your LP's (and its nonrefundable at that juncture), they'll tell you your seating location. Pull up a map on the Ka website when you call, and press them to tell you the seat location/numbers before you say "yes." If they are too close to the stage (first few rows miss a lot of what is going on...too close not good) or too far back, I'd just use the LP's to buy a meal and look for discount tickets on Travelzoo or Livingsocial -- where you can pick and know your seats before you buy!!

6. TrueblueAl

TrueblueAl Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the advice guys. One final question just to clarify things. If i do us myvegas lps to get the tickets ,when i get the redemption code can i keep a note of it or print it out and take it to vegas in february and then phone and book tickets when i am there or does the redemption code have a time limit whereafter it cant be used? It's just beacause i live in Scotland and it would probably be a pricey phone call to the states if i got the redemption code today and had to call and book from home.

7. Fligster

Fligster VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I called, they gave me a choice of seats, didn't just tell me my seats. I could have either back further and to the left or closer and center. I didn't have to press them, might depend on who answers. I chose the closer and center, hoping it isn't too close. The reward should indicate how much time you have to redeem, I think it is 90 days. If you wait to book until in vegas you risk them not having seats for the date/show you want to attend. Even if show not sold out, there may only be so many reward seats set aside. Can you use Skype or similar internet calling?

8. TrueblueAl

TrueblueAl Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cheers bud you've been a good help. Its a 10 day trip i've got so i'd have a few dates to play with if i tried to book them when i'm in vegas.

9. Fligster

Fligster VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Went to ka las night using bogo premium ticket, 4 the row center. I thought these seats were good, not too close, might of been better to be about row 10. Theater only 75 percent filled. Video finale is lame, would rather they just skip.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.