1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

K Billy's Super Sounds of the 70s weekend just keeps on trucking....

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Viva Las Vegas, Mar 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Ramblin' Gamblin' Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    While most of you do not live in Chicago, most are able to get MeTV which rolled out several years ago owned by an independent broadcaster in Chicago. Anyway, they rolled out a station here 87.7 FM, with plans to roll out beyond our area down the road. They offer songs over various decades and very deep cuts you likely haven't heard about in decades. I don't like everything they play, but I like most of it, and many songs bring back solid memories of days or events long ago. They have been playing songs from the 60s through the 90s.

A sample play list is as follows:

Bobbie Gentry - Ode to Billy Joe
    Cat Stevens - Morning Has Broken
    Steely Dan - Aja
    Gorden Lightfoot - If You Could Read My Mind
    Elvis - Kentucky Rain

I like most types of music, and grew up listening to everything from jazz to heavy metal, and this may not be your cup of tea, but those of you who are sick of hearing the same 1,000 songs on classic rock stations, an alternative is on the way and you don't have to hope to die before you get old. :thumbsup:

2. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    that's my generation...no pun intended ;)

like you i like many genres, big band, early rock, 60's 70's, C&W,

on my tv xfinity has several channels with all kinds of genres...many time i put one on to sleep by... i need some noise in the background...can't sleep in an ultra quiet room.

3. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

Viva,
    Any station that has Steely Dan and Gordon Lightfoot, I'm all over it. Do they have a live stream?

4. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Ramblin' Gamblin' Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not yet (wish it would so I can stream at work), but I hope they will start streaming soon either on their website or I Heart radio.

They haven't had a single ad yet either. They are tweaking / expanding their set list.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.