1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Just wow.....

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Atlsooner, Jun 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Atlsooner

Atlsooner Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, I guess $$ does make a difference. To make a long story short, wife has been battling Leukemia for 12 yrs now, and we decided to start living life. Checking off our bucket list. We are so excited, especially me, because she is. Booked our first trip to LV, got tickets to see Reba and Brooks and Dunn, and decided to stay at Caesars for that reason. Got a call from vegas.com, whom we purchased the tickets from, and I'll be, it just so happened, they sold us our tickets, unbeknownst to them, it wasn't their tickets to sell. It was somebody else's, and they had to move us to the 2nd mezzanine, and further away from the stage. Already paid for them. They did comp one of my tickets, but it was just the idea of them having tickets available on Their web site, them bumping us off of them. Wife is highly disappointed. Oh well........Thanks for letting me vent.

2. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have zero use/respect for vegas.com for reasons i won't go into here....

sucks they did that to you, but
    i say look at the bright side.....you're going to vegas together and still seeing the shows you want....
    enjoy the trip and don't sweat the small stuff.

3. Hobofrank

Hobofrank Prime Minister of Idiocracy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    what Mike said, ignore the small stuff and focus on good fun

4. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Over-Fried Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I understand how you feel. So sorry it happened like that. Like the others said, concentrate on making priceless memories for yourself and your wife.

You mentioned that your wife is still disappointed so maybe try to sooth that by booking a romantic, special dinner with views of the city or the Bellagio fountains to make up for it, too bad there isn't a way you can bill vegas.com for this!

Going to Hawaii's 9th Island!!
    Going to Hawaii's 9th island!!
  5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really try hard to avoid 3rd party resellers. Never know what they are up to.

But, as said, you still get to go.

6. TheCanoe

TheCanoe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Or maybe find some awesome seats on stubhub (their guarantee Is quite strong) if the budget allows for it?

7. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry to hear that - but like the others have said at least you will still be in Vegas with your wife and the city has a ton to offer. Despite this minor setback you guys will still have a wonderful time.

8. nickle

nickle Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad you are able to experience Vegas. The good news about the tickets is that any seat in the Colosseum is a good seat. We saw Elton John and Shania Twain from nosebleed territory and enjoyed both immensely.

9. Atlsooner

Atlsooner Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks so much guys . This is minor compared to what she has been through. Forget about it.........................right?

10. mrjvegas

mrjvegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

I understand what you're saying. I would be disappointed too. It happens all the time in vegas. Good news is that you can easily find yourself upgraded at another show/event when you don't expect it too. Things are really fluid in vegas. Hope you have a great time out there.

11. Hobofrank

Hobofrank Prime Minister of Idiocracy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yes FORGET ABOUT IT
    Put in in your rear-view and concentrate on having fun

12. TyrC

TyrC Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As every one has said, relax and let it go. However let anyone who wants to go to Las Vegas your story.
    Vegas.com seems to have screwed you around. A piece of advice. I don't know how popular those shows
    are but you can buy tickets from dealers on the spot and often get a discount on the rate.

A true story to take the frown off this thread. Cancer actualy put my wife and me together! She was recovering and
    survived breast cancer. I was and still fighting brain cancer. Every thing has been solid and it's been ten years. We met
    at a cancer meeting group called, Gilda's Club.

13. Iamrice

Iamrice High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Colosseum is a relatively small place and I actually like the seats in the second mez because you get a really nice overview of the whole stage.

I hope the two of you have a well deserved, kick ass trip!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.