1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Just went broke :/

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by k2smooth, Aug 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. k2smooth

k2smooth Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I started the night with 1.1 million chips. Thought that was pretty good I was winning about 300k each night the last 3 nights. So tonight I am playing and just trying to boost up my LP's. I am still really new to the game with 1 person that plays it on Facebook (the wife). So I was playing blackjack at 50k a hand. I got greedy and started playing 3 hands at 50k.....well I did not pay any attention to my coins I was just seeing the LP meter fill up and fly away a lot and I was just trying to keep an eye on that to make sure I did not hit my 2000 for the day. After a hand I noticed it did not say re-bet when I looked at my coins I had less than 100 coins. So after confusion/anger hit me I said DOUBLE OR NOTHING!!!! Well......I'm sure you can guess what happen....I had 20 and dealer hit blackjack lol.

I have been through all the free coins on the board so is the only real way of getting back in the game the slow grind of getting coins from the hotels and daily bonus? I do not want to buy any points.

Im sure many people have been successful at making a come back from 0 coins Im just wonder how hard it is. I am currently building the Luxor if that tells you how far I am in the game. level 34 or something like that.

2. FXT

FXT VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Its all luck of the draw. My norm is playing excalibur 2 daily and wait for a day when it hits and stay on it for a few hours. I've been able to take 40k up to 500k a few times doing that.

I was doing well at blackjack but the last few times Ive had too many sessions where I just got eaten alive. The dealer kept getting 21s and blackjacks off everything..

3. k2smooth

k2smooth Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was playing excalibur 2 a little bit but not a whole lot. I really have not had anything for luck on that machine. The only one I have had any real luck on is the time machine one, but I do not like the machine it cant keep my interested and I end up quitting after about 100 spins.

4. Llew

Llew Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are upper limits on how fast you can fill the meter and how much xp you get. 150k/round is way above both limits, I think. I wouldn't bet more than 30k or play more than 1 hand. Also, blackjack can have you down 20-30 units in no time, so bet accordingly.

You'll just have to spend a few days spinning the wheel and collecting from properties to get the bankroll back up to a decent size, unfortunately.

5. donfairplay

donfairplay VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've degenerated away 800k chips into 0 once or twice. Though I can't quite confirm my mindset at the time, I'm pretty sure it was tilt.

Strangely, I do best at blackjack 3 handed at 5k or 10k each spot, and now I haven't tilted in a long time. I now hover between 600k - 900k and feel no need to amass a giant red chip armada.

Depending on what level you're at, LP's won't increase faster if you're betting 10k or 50k a hand. I think cstutor89 and the other posters that did the math said 1k per hand is optimal (**edit: that's at my level,100. I just noticed you're level 34, so its probably less. How did you even get up to 800k chips? That's pretty awesome.)

If I can do it, you can do it.

6. yoyoseven

yoyoseven Grizzled Vereran

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The strategy that's worked best for me (with slots) is to wait until I accumulate around 200k in red chips and then take a shot at Excal 2 at 15k/spin. If I'm lucky and it gets hot, I can easily get the chip count into the millions rather quickly (had my count over 5M last week). If not, then I just accumulate for a couple of weeks and try it again.

Once I've hit a hot streak on Excal 2, I drop down to 1000/spin on a 20-line game (usually Lucky Birds), set it to autospin 200 times (running in the background while I'm doing other things), and grind out LPs at a rate of 10 LPs per 6000 reds. If you've got a couple million, it takes a lot of spins to burn through your chips at this rate, and you accumulate a lot of LPs, but sooner or later you will lose them all. When I get back down to .5 million or so, I try to replenish with Excal 2 - if I go broke, I just start the cycle over.

That being said, I'm in no hurry. I've accumulated more LPs than I'll be able to use in the next couple of trips, and I'm down to one trip per year, so no rush to reach enough LPs for a particular reward. I don't need many room comps (Boyd Gaming is more than happy to provide those for me), so I'm just using the MV rewards for food/bev/show comps.........

7. k2smooth

k2smooth Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I typoed my level wrong I'm 43 not 34 lol I had a dyslexic moment I guess. I thought the LP bubble filled up on how much you bet I guess I didn't pay enough attention. I guess I will stop betting 50k a hand and do a more reasonable amount. I will have to try and give Excalibur 2 another shot it seems like that's the one everyone has a lot of luck on. That and the bird game.

8. yoyoseven

yoyoseven Grizzled Vereran

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you haven't yet reached level 58, then you'll get a better rate of return (more LPs for your red chips). I don't recall exactly, but I think after reaching level 58 you only get back half of what you got prior to level 58.....

9. namja

namja Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For every 2 chips you bet, you get 1 XP.
    The max XP you can get per spin is 15,000.
    So I wouldn't bet more than 30,000 per spin.

You need XP to level up.
    And you cannot get more properties without leveling up.

10. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I must be doing something wrong. I'm at level 44 with 60k coins, 27k loyalty points.

11. k2smooth

k2smooth Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am at level 43 and I only have 18k loyalty points. I think Im doing something wrong.

12. FXT

FXT VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Its because you're trying to level fast. For your level 200 a spin is optimal for best LP gain. I believe its 11 spins for 10 LP.

13. Ronoh

Ronoh Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is true when looking at it from a "LPs gained per chips wagered" standpoint but people are much better off leveling quickly and getting their strip built as quickly as possible... then sticking with 1K spins. Once the entire strip is completed you average 1000+ LP per day from harvesting your strip in addition to what you make playing. When you look at the number of hours one has to put in at 200/per spin before they can even begin building the final properties (and now the 2K per day limit for game play)... I am not going to try running the numbers but the LPs gained by harvesting "early" will make up a large chunk of those "lost" by not betting 200/per spin. And when one factors in the tens (plural) of extra hours the 200s put in to play optimally I just can't see it as being the correct way to go about it ;)

14. k2smooth

k2smooth Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What level do you have to be to build the last property? Im building the luxor right now. If I ever get a day off work I will finish off the luxor. Currently I am on a stretch of days that will have me working 9 or 10 days at about 13 to 14 hours a day so that 1 day off I had was a whole lot of sleeping.......Oh the life of being a salary manager.....

15. ND80

ND80 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Level 68 to build MGM if I remember correctly

16. sandman748

sandman748 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And then another couple thousand spins after that to collect all the V's. MGM and Mandalay Bay took forever to build.

17. ND80

ND80 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes they do. I thought I would never finish. Of course now that I did, apparently more buildings are coming

18. Ronoh

Ronoh Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It has said "more coming soon" forever but has been confirmed that nothing after MGM will need to be built.

19. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One of the "coming soon" buildings is Wolfgang Puck, which pays less than the used car lot...lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.