1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Table Games Just Watched The Craziest Roulette Game Ever...

Discussion in 'Table Games' started by jbpiv01, May 10, 2016.

1. jbpiv01

jbpiv01 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just got back from Bellagio, there was a lot of commotion around rhe single zero roulette table. People were taking pictures, gasping, aweing, and lots of clapping. As I worked my wayin for a closer look I noticed that the table minimum was $500 (max was 1000 but I think they raised that at some point) The table was stacked high with chips. There were 7 different people playing. The last six numbers were 6, 7, 3, 11, 5, 5. The pit boss was sweating, watching everything very close. The next number was 16. I kid you not, the stack of chips on that number was at least 16 inches tall. One guy won $17,500 another won $42,000,... Nobody was betting the outside, only inside bets. The one who won the 42 grand went on to win at least $175,000 more in the 20 min that I watched. At one point he was pulling stacks of $100 bills out onto the table. The pit boss freaked out at this point!! (Made him put it all back, so there is cash just hanging out of his pockets!). After about 20 min I thought I should be moving on.
    That was fun!

2. jintheuk

jintheuk Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I watched a game in Mandalay Bay a few years ago, only one guy playing (they had reserved the table for him) he was playing around $200,000 a spin, it was fun watching for a while

3. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If he was winning,why was he pulling cash out?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had the same thought.

Christmas Trip. Sam's Town & MSS
  5. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $200k PER SPIN???

Was he doing several complete bets?

6. spdandpwr

spdandpwr Low-Roller

I'd never gamble that much. I've done $500 a spin but even that was getting my blood pumping too much for comfort. I guess if you're on a streak, you get riskier and riskier. I find that you gotta feel out roulette and know when to cut loose. I know it's superstitious, but I do believe in hot and cold tables in roulette...and you can see the way the crowds flock to certain tables, that seems to be the case.

7. jbpiv01

jbpiv01 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good question, but that also is what sent the pit boss off asking if it was necesary. The guy ignored the pit boss at first, then when the pit boss demanded the cash be removed from the table (as he should) he finally did. Lot's of money, I counted at least 7 stacks of hundred dollar bills, not too mention a lot of loose stacks as well

8. Big Tip

Big Tip VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We saw a table at Venetian roped off several years ago as one guy played. He had racks and racks of chips in front of him. He would only play inside, but he would build mountain ranges on the board. Taller stacks here and there, valleys over there. A mountain would have one number stacked up high, then lower stacks on the touching numbers next to it, etc. We calculated by looking at the amount of racks he would scatter each time that it was well over $300,000 a spin.
    Every now and then when a tall mountain would hit he would jump up on the table to cheer himself. They had two people working the bets, three security guys holding back the crowds, and two suits just watching.
    It really stands out as a "Vegas moment" for me. How much money do you have to have to be able to throw away a couple of million like that?

9. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And I wonder how rich you have to be in order to have a bankroll of a couple of kilobucks per day!

10. Terry Benedict

Terry Benedict VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How much money do you have to gamble to jump onto a table?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You USED to be able to have a great time for a couple of $20s, nowadays it seems like the higher minimum make it less of a fun time. :(