1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Just need something a little different …for us!

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by tsou89, May 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tsou89

tsou89 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey guys, I just "introduced" myself after lurking for a month or so. My wife and I will be visiting with a group we travel with on a regular basis…to Vegas and other locations. We have a few restaurants we like to visit every time we get to visit but want to branch out a bit this time. We're only there for 4 nights.

Just to give you some clues to where we regularly visit I'll let you know where we have reservations. Please keep in mind I'm not listing these places for the experts to "critique". We like these places and will return for our reasons!
    However, we'd love to hear some suggestion that aren't typically the ones that show up in most threads.

We always have our steak at Binions (love the view). We generally try to make it to Joe's Stone Crab…even if for lunch (staying at CP).
    Going to Batistas for the first time although I don't consider this something different since it's such a well known spot.

So I have a couple of spots available! if you know of a gem that's not the ordinary I'd love to hear about it. On or off strip would be fine.

Any type of food but preferably not steak or Italian since we have those bases covered!

thanks in advance and love the board!

2. fossefritz

fossefritz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Go to Second Street Grill

Tell Charlene you need a booth in back right corner and u need Blue cheese olives made special for your Martini cause a friend of yours (me) said you would make em special.

Then order the seared scallops for a appetizer and then whatever else ya like

If she asks who sent ya just say Greg

Enjoy

3. MTMONGO

MTMONGO Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Chicago Joe's for some awesome pasta.

4. Texas Gramma

Texas Gramma Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Special Places I Like... Wish I Was There!

The special places I like are downtown... all have menus on line if you'd like to look at them.
    ---
    Hugo's Cellar at Four Queens... wonderful cuisine at reasonable prices, romantic atmosphere. I do not know what age group you are in, but if anyone is 55 or older, go by the players booth and get 20% off at Hugo's.
    ---
    For a new place to dine... Andiamo's at The D has a varied menu and is excellent. Recently won "Best Restaurant Downtown".
    ---
    For just a snack ... you can't beat Golden Gate's shrimp cocktail at DuPar's.
    ---
    "Yelp" and "Trip Advisor" have reviews and some pictures of food at these places. Personally I love a "to-go-box" dessert to take to the room for a midnight snack continuation of my gourmet eating adventure.

5. tsou89

tsou89 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all the suggestions!

6. azbob

azbob Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Batista's is fine for the history and a taste of old Vegas...food is OK.

You can find Joe's in several cities so I'm assuming you can't get to one in your hometown.

You might consider Border Grill at Mandalay...that would be "outside the box' for your list.

Another Mexican selection (although this is really New Mexican food which is very much different) is Garduno's at Rancho Fiesta (formerly at Palms).

Much like Batista's Ping Pang Pong at the Gold Coast is well-know, for good reason, as among the best overall restaurants in the city and definitely "something different."

7. Peachiekeehn

Peachiekeehn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mesa Grill at Caesars Palace is excellent and last month we tried the Peppermill and found it really good with huge portions. The $2.99 breakfast special at Blondies in the Miracle Mile is also very good.

8. phade

phade Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The usuals, Mon Ami Gabi, HHAGG.

I'd think you might like to try one of the burger joints. Some of them are pretty nice.

9. aaronw915

aaronw915 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with Peachie about Peppermill. The wife and I tried it for the first time last week for breakfast and want to go back. I'm a steak lover but nothing compares to prime rib from Lawry's, which is maybe a 1/2 mile off the strip west on Flamingo.

10. Don the Dentist

Don the Dentist Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have to agree with Texas Gramma re: Andiamo's at The D. A delicious and varied menu coupled with great service equals a very enjoyable dining experience.

Don the Dentist

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.