1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Just got my first ever discount room offer

Discussion in 'Comps' started by lithium78, Sep 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lithium78

lithium78 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just got back from spending Friday-Saturday in Atlantic City at the Showboat for a rock concert at the House of Blues and some gaming and I have an offer for $29 weekday rooms through the end of December on my Total Rewards account. This is a TR account that I reactivated after three years of inactivity and I got the TR Visa before the trip to maximize my rewards. The staff at Showboat upgraded my account to Platinum due to the TR Visa, although my online TR account doesn't show the upgrade yet.

Anyway, I know this stuff is child's play for you hardcore gamers out there, but I'm just starting out with this hobby, so this is big news for me. I wonder if I'll get better offers once the Platinum status reaches my online account.

2. grosx2

grosx2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In short, no you will not. Offers are based on your ADT, which is measure of how much you are willing to put at risk when gambling during a given day. The color of your card has nothing to do with the offers you receive, especially if that color is the result of a promotion such as the TR Visa. To put it another way, a low level platinum player who earns 5000-6000 tier credits during his once a year, three night trip to Vegas will receive much better offers than a grandmother who makes diamond by running $100 thru the penny slots every Tuesday morning at her local joint.

That said, platinum will afford you some other perks, the most important of which is no resort fees, which are about $20 per night in Vegas.

3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As said here often, do not look at ONLY offers. Log in with your TR number and look at the monthly booking calendar. You may find lots of things better that so called "offers".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.