1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Just booked tickets - evil dead the musical

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by lowsmith, Oct 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lowsmith

lowsmith Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am really excited. We just booked our tickets for evil dead at PH in January. Have not gone to a show for the last few trips (I think the last one was Spam-a-lot). Any thoughts on the show?

2. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. GREGRIO

GREGRIO Tourist

As Sam says, it might just be stupid enough to catch on...it's still
    too early to tell. David Saxe goes through Shows like specials at COSTCO.
    If this one fails, he's got lots more.

4. lowsmith

lowsmith Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think our tickets were $39 each. So fairly reasonable. We did not opt to pay extra for the "splash zone". My brother in law and I both love the campy horror of the movies. I can see how a lot of folks might not get into this production. Thanks for the info. I will post a review when I get back.

5. sstuna

sstuna Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone seen this show?

What did you think of the show? Wife wants to go, looks awful to me.

6. lowsmith

lowsmith Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our tickets were for the 10pm show. This came after a full day where we had to be up at 2am for our flight to Vegas. So needless to say we were pretty tired by the time the show started. We had VIP tickets, but not in the splash zone. This put us on the second row behind the splash zone. Now, I have seen the movies and enjoy that sort of campy horror, so we were really looking forward to the show.They got us into the theater and seated pretty close to the scheduled starting time (contrary to some of the reviews I read online).

The show took a while to really get going, but it was a blast. for the first few minutes the folks up front (wearing special white t-shirts) did not get hit by much blood, but pretty soon they were getting sprayed from the stage, and then several people with super soakers filled with fake blood started firing from the wings and really hosing them down.

I don't think we got hit by anything but it was close.

as far as the show goes, I thought the songs were great. hits such as "what the f#$* was that" and "kill the b#%#h". The cast members were pretty good for the most part. one or two really stood out and one could barely carry a tune in a bucket.

There was one short intermission (about 5-10 minutes) just in time for last call at the next door bar.

It was rude, crude, gross and filled with sexual inuendo.

Overall I had a great time.

if you are going:
    1) go with several folks that enjoy this sort of thing
    2) have a few drinks before (and top up at intermission)
    3) wear some clothes you dont mind getting soaked with Kool-Aid (or something).
    4) sit in the splash zone

I will definately go again (following the above) if it is still playing next time I am out there.

7. sstuna

sstuna Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for input. Wife is a horror movie nut, I'm not. I'm sure I will have had a few dozen drinks by that time of day. 4) sit in the splash zone ? Is that just to get sprayed with blood or do you think would more fun being closer to the show?

8. Jade88

Jade88 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am looking forward to this show. I think i will surprise the hubby with it and sit in the splash zone. Our good friends always play the soundtrack when we go to the local haunts in Oct. We all sing alone like fools after a few drinks...LOL

9. Emeraldcity

Emeraldcity Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have some friends who did this show when we all went to Vegas in December. They had a blast. It is not my kind of thing so I didn't go but they all sat in the splash zone and had a great time. They were prepared and wore crap clothes because even after taking 3 showers, they still had trouble getting the "blood" off their skin. But they said it was great fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.