1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Just Booked my first ALL Downtown trip

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by Blonde_4_ever, Jan 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LV2GAMBLE

LV2GAMBLE Certified LOW Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've almost totally converted to DT and off-strip stays. Just a little more relaxing and better gambling options. Not to mention cheaper.

Blonde- just an FYI, we've stayed at The D a few times now and while they do have a pool. it's pretty small, but hey, it's a pool. Spent a few hours laying around the pool on our trip last April. It's also a little noisy because of the location near an intersection. Hoping I get some pool time when we stay again this April.

2. dig

dig Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Newbie to the message board....Me and my Vegas buddy have been going to downtown for about 8 years now. Love it! We rarely go to the strip anymore. We always say we will but we never do.

I was lucky enough to hit a royal flush playing Ultimate Texas Holdem at the D last trip on a five dollar bet....won 2700.00 bucks!

Is Yolla a host at the Plaza?

3. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good for you.

Keep telling myself 'next time' I'm going to do this. Then it comes time to booking and CET beats the downtown rates, and my will erodes. Need to keep reminding myself "you have more fun downtown, just pay for the damn room".

Maybe once Flushiepants' TRs have finished converting me to a VP addict I'll actually manage to book one.

4. Blonde_4_ever

Blonde_4_ever LasVegas4ever.com

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nevyn, once you do one trip downtown and give your favorite properties some play, you will get room offers and never have to pay again. (Hopefully...lol)

Dig...Yolla is a Player Development Executive at the Plaza.

LV2Gamble ...thanks. I have been in the D pool before too. Not glamourous, but at least you can have a dip.

CandyApple...I doubt if I will be venturing back to the Strip once I get settled downtown.
    Maybe...we'll see.

LoveDowntown...I am looking forward to the pool improvements at the Plaza as well!

5. FullPay

FullPay When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Think of all of the Strip faithful who like to brag that they always include a visit to Downtown each trip. When I moved Downtown I would usually include a visit to the Strip to see what was new. That's when I really began to realize that there was nothing left for me there.

Bros are back!
  6. Kevzilla

Kevzilla Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep, I spend part of one day on the Strip now. I would only stay there if a BUNCH of friends were all on the Strip. Even then, I'd think twice about it.

7. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not much to add to this thread other than bragging that I'm currently staying at MSS and hate returning home tomorrow. I'd hate leaving even more if made money this trip, although I'm ahead at MSS.

8. Jimbucc

Jimbucc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think you have flown Spirit Airlines before. If you are, I believe you show your boarding pass at The D and get a $25 match play.

9. Blonde_4_ever

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hope you have enjoyed yourself Mr Turtle!

Jim, I am indeed flying Spirit...they have the best times, the most non stops and the cheapest rates out of DTW.
    I don't do table games so the match play doesn't help me.
    I really wish the D would give you the option of match play or slot freeplay!

10. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Meh take the match play and bet $25 on red or black! haha

Enjoy your trip downtown

11. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My last trip was all downtown, Golden Nugget. No regrets. My next trip is also all downtown. At the D this time though. Not sure if I'm going to regret it. But, it's the "free" trip the dealership gave me for buying the truck.

12. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Play the match play , if you win play the winnings on slots, if you lose pretend it was another fee from Spirit. :wink2:

13. Blonde_4_ever

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You won't regret it! And if you want to get to the Strip, it is just a bus/Lyft/Uber away!

Thanks Wanker..I always have a good time...even on the two trips with food poisoning...I still had fun.

I don't know Nevyn...I feel like such a twit at table games......:D

14. fenway68

fenway68 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    About to commit to the same, have 4 nites at the D booked, vs 4 nites at Bally's Jubilee tower...Dad pushing for Downtown...

My question, will I "jones" for the strip? 18 or so trips all staying on the strip...(taking one day each trip to spend DT, so not a complete stranger)

I am not worried about the dining scene, I just found another thread that has me excited from that standpoint...just love the vibe sometimes on the strip...convince me I should try on something new...!!

Will I be disappointed in my comp drink (read whiskey-scotch and bourbon or Craft brew) selection? Cleanliness of room? etc?

15. marksind

marksind VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    fenway68,

You may find yourself longing to go back. I hadn't stayed on the strip for a number of years until a one-week trip (got home Tuesday) split between the Plaza and the Flamingo. Thought I was over the strip, that there wasn't anything of interest there anymore since I'm past the night-club age and like decent gambling. I was surprised how much I enjoyed being back. Such a different vibe and demographic.

The Cromwell had good video poker at the quarter level, bubble craps, and low table limits much of the time, so good gambling (other than low-limit blackjack) wasn't a problem. It was fun people watching after years of seeing the same old bums and "performers" downtown. Plus it's just higher energy overall. I'm still a downtowner, but wouldn't mind going back to a mixed stay in the future.

16. fenway68

fenway68 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Funny you should mention the Cromwell, stayed and played there my last trip and loved it...that is one place I would miss..

17. Blonde_4_ever

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is not like it is an either/or situation. You aren't chained downtown. If you miss the Strip just hop on a bus and spend the day there. :)

18. fenway68

fenway68 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah. The opposite of what we usually do!

19. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually book the whole trip either on strip or downtown and then grab a crash pad for the night. I don't like moving hotels. My upcoming trip is at The D but, I grabbed a MyVegas freebie midweek at the Mirage. My last trip was all downtown and I'm fine with that. And like others have said you can go anywhere you want.

20. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.