1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Just a few observations

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by HonkyTonkBlues, Mar 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HonkyTonkBlues

HonkyTonkBlues Newbie

My Trip Report

Went to Vegas for the first time last week. Stayed at the Luxor. People have said that it's hard to find your room. Not true. You just need to know which one of four inclinators go to your floor. As long as you get on the right one, you will have no problem. I was also afraid that the tilted windows would "smoosh" my room. Not true. Room was very spacious. Only had a shower, but that was spacious also. Lots of counter space in the bathroom too.

Getting around Vegas - very exhausting. Bought an all day bus ticket. Busses were few and far between. Left the Luxor for what I thought would be a 3-4 hour tour. Got back 8 hours later.

Highlights- Bellagio dinner buffet. Well worth every penny. Tsunami at the Venitian,if you like sushi, is not to be missed.

2. East Coast Shuffle

East Coast Shuffle Low-Roller

Short, concise and to the point.

3. magland

magland Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The buses are a cheap way to get around, but you do spend a lot of time waiting around. Taxi's are too expensive to take all over, so we tried renting a car last time. We thought it was well worth it. Cheaper than taking taxi's, and no waits or long walking involved. The freedom is great!

4. Vegas Gangster

Vegas Gangster Tourist

If you are able...start out early and walk to the other end of the strip and make many restful stops along the way, i.e. gamble, eat, drink, etc... and then take a cab back. You are on vacation...go at your own pace. Whatever you don't see this trip...leaves you that much more to see the next.

5. mrsvjw

mrsvjw High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My only Luxor complaint from our first trip... it's just too damned far from everything else. Gotta have some good walking shoes!

6. kristin

kristin Guest

Glad to hear that you had a good time. I liked the Luxor as well. Have been meaning to try Bellagio buffet every time...this time I will not miss it.

:) Kristin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.