1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Just 24 hours later

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Patripman, Mar 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patripman

Patripman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been watching room rates for the CET properties since late January for a 8 night trip early May. The rate calendar and even calls to CET only gave me 2 nights comped and the remaining nights varied from $39 to $119. Yesterday around 4:00 I went online and the calendar was showing me the same prices today at 4:30 I now get 5 nights comped Saturday night at $16.90 and the last 2 nights at $39. I called CET and reservations gave me the same deal but with $18.00/night added on to the paid dates. I asked why the difference in price and they could not give me an answer. She did say that they do cap all reservations at 5 nights comped and it would probably be better if I booked online, which I did. Other than me spitting on my computer screen over the whole fee issue I will not complain, now I keep watching airfare hoping some type of movement down in price. The best RT-NS from Pittsburgh on SW is $321.00:nono:, which I hope to see drop down to around $240.00. Heck in December I paid $198.00 for the same flights.

So if you are looking at booking CET you may want to check the prices today because they dropped.

p

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The add-on could be the new resort fee.

Rates move around almost hourly at hotels, just like the airlines. They can easily go up, or go down. Sometimes in the time you go ask your wife if the dates will work, that rate can be gone as someone else took the last room or seat, or the powers to be opted to adjust their room/seat pricing.

If you have a good deal - TAKE IT before it is gone.

3. PeterNY

PeterNY Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Learned that the hard way. Going 9 nights in June. Booked Rio one weekend for $100 Saturday / Sunday nights. Cancelled reservation: now over $200 a night. So staying at South Point instead. :Þ

4. critchtc21

critchtc21 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Been looking at flamingo. For the most Basic room for five nights in May it went from 120 for the whole trip ($24/night) down to 10 dollars for the whole trip ($2/night). All within a day. Monday to tuesday. Locked that in. Although it was free a couple weeks ago.

5. mcoakley

mcoakley Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    12 hours

I know what you mean. Sunday night $714 for 2 from Minneapolis 4 nights. Monday morning $860. This was rate for Ballys.

6. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Huh, wondering if they had a glitch today. Currently the calendar gives me a rates unavailable error for every hotel except PH, Rio, and Harrahs.

7. kkc2p2

kkc2p2 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah I called the diamond line this morning and their system is down - I am headed there this weekend and hadn't made a reservation yet as my offers are always best when I wait until the last minute (3 weekends out $120/nt, 2 weekends out $80/nt, upcoming weekend $40/nt + sun-thurs comp) however when I checked last night a 4 night stay at ballys would have ran me over $500 O_O

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.