1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

june 8 thru the 13th

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by shokhead, Jun 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shokhead

shokhead I'm no big spender!

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Was in Morro Bay for 2 days and then left for Vegas and got into Paris around 4pm. Not to bad of a drive. 12 people in front of me for check in and it was my turn in about 20 min. Had the 20 trick ready until I saw the guy I was getting. Forget it and he was the manager so I didn't bother. Got a nice room next to a P room. He said they had been booked up for the weekend and expected it to be pretty busy for the week. It was busy but not packed. Mostly slots for the week and for 5 days I might have dropped a couple hundred so not bad. Went to Phantom of the Opera. Was 3/4 full and it was ok. If you haven't seen the org it was a lot better i'm thinking. Ate at table 10 and I got to say it was ok but not great. Din't gamble enough to say much.
    I e-mailed Paris twice before going and was told I could cash a personal check up to 4K. Perfect because I didn't want to bring that to Morro Bay. Get there and oh no you can't. Maybe 1K if we check you out and blh bla bla bla. A nice $30 cab ride to BofA to cash a check. Anyway ate at the Les Artistes Steakhouse $$$ and it was great! Cocktails were hard to come by until late afternoon if you were on the slots. Still Paris was clean and everybody was very nice. A little time at Bayys and it just wasn't happening so went to CP and it was very upbeat the machines were not. So Sat checked out and went to GN for the day and night. Still what a great looking, clean well run place. Some places on the strip could learn something. By Sunday morning I was down $150 and just before I left I hit 120,000 pennys. Oh, check in at the Nugget was fast and I was there at noon and got my room. The drive back to Lakewood{Next to Long Beach,CA} was 20-50mph up to Barstow. Man. After that 70mph home to watch the Laker game. All in all a fun time.

Here we go again!
  2. Dr. Dollars

Dr. Dollars Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice hit on the pennys.

3. gotavegasjones

gotavegasjones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the post.

later, GVJ

4. VegasDiva

VegasDiva VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice TR glad you had a safe drive home

5. shokhead

shokhead I'm no big spender!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm flying this time.

Here we go again!
  6. amberteen

amberteen Guest

That is a nice post.I am very glad that you come back home safely.
    Share more of your experience .Thank you for the reply

7. jaxjoe

jaxjoe Guest

Thanks for posting your TR :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.