1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

July MGM

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Bizzy, Sep 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bizzy

Bizzy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Ahhhh where to start? This trip was a little worrisome as it was my first time going with a couple. We found great rates ($60/night) at MGM that included $25 in food. This was a Mon-Thurs trip so we found a lot of good little deals. The group was me, Surf (27/m), and Cole (22/f). They have been in a relationship for a couple of years now and she has never been to Vegas.

We leave San Diego early and have a pretty uneventful drive. We make it in very good time and go directly to the lobby. There were more people than I thought for 10am on a Monday morning but the lines aren’t too long. I explain the $20 trick to my friends and go find a line. I walk up and down until I find a young lady with her hair done, makeup on, and fake nails. Bingo! I smile and ask her how her day is and make sure to clue in on her name. I ask for a complimentary upgrade and she immediately catches on. Cards and money sit on the desk and she begins typing. My roommate is planning to show up later so I ask for a rollaway. She says she can give me a smoking suite that is available now or I can wait for non-smoking. I don’t smoke but I will take what is available now. I find my friends and they report that the lady they had barely spoke English and that Surf really had no idea what he was doing with the $20 trick, so they have a regular room that is not ready yet. We go to the car for our bags and go to my room. Not only is my room ready, but the rollaway is already there along with the fridge I had requested when I booked the reservation. So now I have an in-room fridge and an extra one. We decide to grab some food while we wait for their room to get ready. We hit the café for a quick bite and then Fat Tuesdays for giant drinks with an extra shot. Back to the room to change and we are headed for the nice long walk to the pool. On the way, we meet a hostess who puts us on the list for Wet Republic for the next day. Nice.

You will see a continuing them of us hitting the pool during the rest of the trip. We get to the lazy river, snag some inner tubes and cruise along with our giant drinks. My friends are as happy as can be. It’s about a hundred degrees out but does not feel dry…why? Because after about 3 hours it starts to rain. It does not rain for long, but it is a weird sensation considering by this time we had consumed a number of adult beverages. They kick everyone out of the pool and we decide we are done for the day. Almost forgot…earlier we had gotten out of the pool to buy beers and Surf decides that he needs to make use of the BLAZING HOT CEMENT and toss my sandals about 30 feet so I have to run after them. @$*%*@*$*!!! Ouch.

We order some pizza at the food court and take it up to the room. It hits the spot perfectly. I make my patented Meukow Vanilla Cognac with coke for the walk down to the monorail. We do some wandering just to show Cole the Strip but don’t really do anything eventful. Back at the room we finish the pizza and start getting ready to go out. We decide to just hit Carnaval Court to start the trip and forego the club for the night. Carnival Court has some fun going on but not really the crazy atmosphere I am used to. The couple decides they are going to go back and change shoes…aka, not come back at all. I spend most of the time crowd watching and observing the flair bartending when some guy says to me, “You’ve been standing at the rail all night. Shouldn’t you be dancing or something. Find girls!†Now I’m pretty lazy when it comes to hitting on women so it hasn’t really bothered me. He turns out to be pretty cool, buys me a shot and a drink, and introduces me to his girlfriend. She decides I need to dance and drags me to the dance floor. When we get back she tries to pawn me off on a girl who is nearly my size…and I’m 6’3, 210lbs. No…that’s ok. I end up drinking and partying with them for the night until CC shuts down. As I am walking out, I run into a guy that went to my law enforcement training with me. Random. I hop in a cab with Taylor and Kim (the new couple) and we go to Luxor to gamble and drink some more. Taylor pays for all our drinks (a theme that goes throughout the trip) and we finally all part ways at 5am or so. I go back to MGM while they are staying at Lux.

We wake up the next day and decide to get lunch before we go to the pool. We use my Restaurant.com certificate at the Brazilian place in Planet Hollywood mall. Some things were better than others but the bacon wrapped meat was awesome. Actually I would have been happy with just the buffet there. Surf decides he wants to shop and we kill an hour doing that. We head back to MGM and change for the pool. Back to the lazy river and some drinks. Taylor and Kim say they will meet up with us for the club tonight. As we are floating down the river, Surf finds a ten dollar bill wedged in the filter of the pool. Score! Today is less hot but there are a lot more kids in the pool…eww.

We all hit the rooms to catnap and then get ready to go out. Taylor and Kim meet us at my room after eating at Wolfgang’s. They say it was pretty good so we make a mental note to try it later. We do our predrinking and then jump into a taxi for Jet. My host says he will give the guys passes and walk the girls in. He gives me a fistful of passes and the girls meet a group of other girls to come in with us. Suddenly we have 3 guys and 10 girls. Sweet. The host walks in the girls in and we spend about 10 minutes in line and head in with no cover. Of course, the new girls abandoned our girls. I then come to find that one set of girls in the group was a bunch of tourists from Australia! Ahhh, I missed out on Aussie women!!! Jet was fairly empty when we got there but that would not last. There are girls that bring around trays of shots at Jet for free, you just need to tip them. And boy does Taylor like to give them $20 everytime they come by. Now this tray has to have 10 shots at least…so of course the girls tell him to just take the whole tray…and then they come back later because its very fast and easy money to go to Taylor. I must have had at least 10 of those things. We wander around some and get more shots and drinks. Eventually I lose my friends and randomly end up near two women. Some guy hands me a shot of Patron for no apparent reason, but I’m not about to complain. One of the two women starts talking to me and we hit it off. Her friend tell me to ask her to dance, but the girls says no. Ummm…ok? About ten minutes later she is all over me though. I spend the rest of the time with them at the bar. She is five years older than me and looks just like my friend…who happens to be an ex-Ms California. The resemblance is a little scary but…I’m in Vegas. Screw it. Her friend drives us back to my hotel and tells her she will pick her up in the morning. At the last second she decides she is not coming back to my hotel and is going home. Screw it, I’m going to bed.

I manage to regain life around 12pm. My friends are out sightseeing and being tourists. I decide that food and a bloody mary on tops on my list. Taylor and Kim head over and we go down to the pool after stopping at Fat Tuesday’s to refill our giant drinks. Today is Wet Republic day…until we actually make it to the entrance. We can’t bring our giant drinks in! So we just hit the regular pool until we finish our drinks. We walk right into Wet and like it immediately. They have some really cozy looking areas and a good number of women. Two girls in a cabana are wearing pasties but neither of them is even remotely attractive. On top of that they are totally stuck up and being bitches to the servers. The servers seem to be exceedingly slender and tall. I’m kind of digging this place. Then we go to the bar. 12 domestic beers = $96. They are less than half of that price at the regular pool. Taylor gives the guy $100 and we are back to the water. A bunch of people are playing catch with a football so I join in on that. I don’t realize the pool is salt water until I go underwater. Weird. I see this woman from across the pool and start making my way towards her. I get close to her only to realize that she is good from far…but far from good. Sigh. They do have comfy reclining chairs in the shallow areas of the pool so I grab one of those. Surf and I are determined to get in every pool and Jacuzzi there and meet a ton of people along the way. I wish it would have been a weekend and people would have been getting a little more wild…oh well.

We decide we need dinner and send Taylor and Kim back to their hotel. Surf, Cole, and I go to Wolfgang’s to eat. I had a pizza (and found out I do not like leeks), Surf had chicken, and Cole had an expensive steak. I tell them to put it on my room and we will deal with the bill later. I discover that when they left Carnaval Court on the first night…they went to the Monorail where construction was being done. Cole walked passed this big industrial fan that blew her dress up like Monroe. I always miss the good stuff. Apparently the workers appreciated it. Back to the room for final preparations and we head to the Palms to go to Moon. We decide on Ghostbar first. I really see no need to go there again. The view was cool but there was no vibe in there. People pay cover to sent in a bar? Not for me. For those of you who don’t know, Ghostbar is on the 53rd floor or something so there is a great view. There is also a piece of glass in the middle of the balcony you can stand on and look straight to the ground. Very few people would step on it. I got on and it got me a little woozy, but I think that was the copious amounts of liquor in my system. All night, people would stand around it but not ON it. Finally we started trying to get people to stand on it. Women said they didn’t want anybody looking up there skirts/dresses. Ok, we are on the 53rd floor…I am really sure someone below you on the ground is looking up here with a freakin’ telescope. We ended up getting about 3x more women to stand on it than men. Wussies. Nobody is worried about being on a balcony that high but standing on a thick piece of glass where you can look straight to the ground is too much. Cole starts to feel ill so Surf takes her back to the hotel. Taylor, Kim, and I head to Moon and walk right in. I end up in an elevator with 8 girls. Sweet. When I get up there, I see that is 80% female! Whoa. They didn’t open the roof but it was still a good time. Jamie Foxx was there and so were a lot of guys where Affliction/Ed Hardy shirts. I hate those brands. I meet a girl from the Netherlands who had just gotten married that day…but never ended up meeting her husband. Weird. Some guys start fighting and spill my drink. Some girl walks into me and spills my drink. I miss my face and spill my drink. Some professional asks me for a “date.†Taylor and Kim decide to go to Playboy club and I hang for another hour and head home.

Highlights

Somehow I never got charged for the dinner at Wolfgang’s.
    I completely killed my bottle of cognac the first day.
    We found $10 in the pool filter
    I never got maid service…that’s when you know it was good.
    My roommate showed up Monday night…played poker, got drunk, and slept on the couch instead of the rollaway bed. He lost his wallet at some point and decided to go home. He drove back to San Diego and then called to say he found his wallet in another pair of pants. Translation: I blew all my money on poker and can’t fess up to it.
    I can’t remember paying for a drink over the last 2 days.

Its been two months since I went to Vegas so I am sure I am missing a lot of detail. Oh well.

2. keno

keno obsessed with countdown timers

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good trip report, sounds like fun, even if not as wild as you wanted. :wink2:

3. jsimpson

jsimpson Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great TR...we will be at MGM in a couple weeks..so was Wet Republic worth it..I mean I know the drinks were expensive but I don't really understand what it is I guess..

4. Bizzy

Bizzy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really can't comment because I wasn't there during anything really exciting...it was really a mellow upscale pool area when I was there...other than that it wasn't crazy crowded or full of hot bodies. But we did get in for free.

5. gotavegasjones

gotavegasjones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for posting.

later, GVJ

6. ghetto71

ghetto71 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    nice, alcohol filled TR!:peace:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.