1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

July 2014 Trip

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by TriviaAndy, Apr 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TriviaAndy

TriviaAndy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good Morning. I will be coming to town July 5 and staying until July 11. It is my first trip in 8 years. I am coming in on a Saturday due to the lower airfare from SW from BWI-the difference was quite large. I was going to stay one night at the Golden Gate and then find something else. Two friends got 5 nights comped at Bally's-I did not. However, now the Golden Gate is booked for July 5. So I was thinking about staying the whole time on Fremont and my friends and I doing a bit of a commute. I saw the D/Fitzgerald's has a car rental place(with a discount with the card) and very good rates. I look to book and saw the "resort fee" was almost 30% of the bill. The average for the 6 nights was $76. Is that usual now? That is the rate I was quoted at Bally's-$56 a night with a $20 a night resort fee. Main Street Station was more. The Fremont showed no resort fee on their web page. Is there a hidden one? Do all the downtown places have free parking?

Any suggestions would be helpful. Thank You.

I was also looking at the Gold Coast.

Andy

2. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Main Street, Cal & Fremont, all Boyd properties, do not have have resort fees. But, none of the have free wifi either. MSS/Cal just starting charging for non-guest parking.

Regarding D and the car rental, are you getting a special rate if you are a guest? There are plenty of downtown car rental places you could look at. Nugget has one, so does Main Street and there are more. You don't have to be a guest to rent a car.

Christmas
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.