1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Julian Serrano question

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by mike_m235, Apr 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Getting ready to make a reservation at Julian Serrano. How long should I give us for dinner? We have a show afterward (it's right there in Aria, so travel is minimal.)

We are pretty average when it comes to meals. We don't want to rush, but we also won't sit there all night. Also, any thoughts on what's good on the menu would be appreciated.

2. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The menu is large with lots of good stuff. I've eaten solo at the bar there several times and always been out in half an hour.

I once had lunch there with three friends. We were there for maybe an hour. No idea how long it takes to get served in the evenings. I have seen the place busy on a weekend evening, but never packed

3. luvstp

luvstp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've eaten there many times in the evenings and with the slowest service it was 1.5 hours. YMMV

4. Kimsa70

Kimsa70 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Everything I've eaten there has been good. I had the "lobster saffron" and the "beef and cheese" - prime ternderloin, cheese, honey and walnuts - both were excellent! I also had the "sauteed padron peppers" - really good and I don't really even like green peppers!

Last edited: Apr 2, 2013
  5. luvstp

luvstp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Didn't finish the post on "what's good". Love the scallops and the huevos estralladas as well as the spanish tortilla. Actually, we try something new every time and I can't think of anything we didn't like! :)

6. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The huevos estrelladas are one of my favorite things I've eaten in Vegas, although they might be a bit more appropriate for lunch than at a "nice" dinner. The raspberry tuna dish is excellent as well.

7. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Huevos estrellados are the perfect hangover food. For dinner, go with the seafood dishes--lobster saffron, black rice w octopus, seared scallop.

JS is one of the easier places to manage how long it takes--if you are in a hurry, order everything at once. If you want to be leisurely, order one dish at a time. Food comes out right away and you can be done very quickly if you want to be.

8. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    love that place. they can be pretty quick if you tell them you have a show. but i'd allow 1.5-2 hours from sit down to show depending on how leisurely you want to have dinner.

9. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all the advice. I think we'll book two hours pre-show just to be safe. Worst comes to worst I donate to some Aria bartop VP before the show.

Feel free to keep going with the menu recommendations. I'm writing stuff down. We've never had this type of food.

10. luvstp

luvstp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mike:
    The huevos estralladas (sp?) Is simply two eggs over easy with string french fries and some thinly sliced chorizo sausage. While the names can sound a bit daunting, the food is really very simple and extremely tasty.

11. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all your advice luvstp. I'm absolutely sure we'll get the scallops as you recommended...one of my wife's favorite foods. Not sure about eggs for dinner, but so many people say it's good I might have to try it.

12. ButterflyMtn

ButterflyMtn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been to JS once and from what I have read there hasn't been a bad choice from the menu. We had the tuna tempura, salmon w/ truffle, roasted read pepper, chicken croquetas, tenderloin and dessert. We basically tried a different selection for each plate - chicken, beef, etc. had a great time! Enjoy!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.