1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Johnny Manzeil Pool Party Vegas

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by smartone, May 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Someone

Someone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    no he stole his money fone and ran up huge charges on it for overseas calls......ring ring money fone! :beer:

2. TomTWI

TomTWI Custom Title

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think Johnny is good for the NFL and particularly football writers. He will always give them something to write about, good or bad, true or made up.

Me I'm not going to hate or love the guy until he faces my team. We seem to have a hard time with mobile QB's.

TRAINING CAMP is OPEN today!!!!

TomTWI

3. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow. A lot of excitement for a rookie who slipped in the draft and doesn't know his playbook. Good luck with that.

4. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think what happens with 1st year quarterbacks that play like Johnny does is the eventual realization they are not playing a variety of college players with varying skill levels. They are playing against the best of the last 5 years or so on the defense and can probably juke the first one but there will be a second or third defender in the immediate area to deal with. I wish him success but he does not have a team like San Francisco or Seattle surrounding him as a rookie.

I recall his father being quoted after an altercation in Austin at a fraternity affair while he was attending A & M; it was to the effect that Johnny gets stressed and will turn to alcohol in such cases to relieve that stress. This was before he was 21 and seemed to be accepted by the family. He is one unique individual.

5. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That should terrify an NFL team even if it didn't scare his family.

6. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not to beat this up but here is the article and a couple of paragraphs....(the article is longgggg) and a good read into his situation. More than once Johnny has said he is only 21 or a college student and his partying is not an interference. I REALLY do hope he does well in life, football too if possible.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/9521439/heisman-winner-johnny-manziel-celebrity-derail-texas-aggies-season-espn-magazine

They're (his parents) concerned. Paul thinks Johnny drinks to deal with the stress. After his arrest, Johnny's parents and Sumlin mandated he visit an alcohol counselor; Johnny saw him six or seven weeks during the season. About the only place they still see the real him is on the football field. Mostly what they see is the emotional byproduct of whatever is chewing him up inside. "I don't know where the anger comes from," Paul says. "I don't think he knows. If it comes from his drinking, or if he's mad at himself for not being a better person when he fails, when he fails God and his mom and me. If it makes him angry that he's got demons in him. You can only speculate because you can't go in there."
    Something's different. That much they know. A few years ago, Michelle sat on a beach with her children in California and they all agreed that tattoos didn't correspond with Texas values. She cried when she found out this offseason that Johnny had gotten inked. Had he changed? After a workout, he tried to show her his tattoo of a Bible quote from Proverbs, but she refused to look. At dinner one night this summer, she brought up Miley Cyrus and Justin Bieber and how they've come undone in public. They're chasing something, but she can't for the life of her figure out what that might be, which is frightening. Is her son chasing it too?
    Both his parents believe he won't return for another season in College Station, and until he leaves, they can give love and support and pray that Johnny Football doesn't completely devour Johnathan Manziel.
    "Yeah," Paul says one evening, driving in his car, "it could come unraveled. And when it does, it's gonna be bad. Real bad."
    He imagines a late-night call, and the cable news ticker, and the next morning's headlines.
    "It's one night away from the phone ringing," he says, "and he's in jail. And you know what he's gonna say? 'It's better than all the pressure I've been under. This is better than that.'"

7. TomTWI

TomTWI Custom Title

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What he doesn't know is that the pressure comes from within.

8. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most parents are supportive, give their kid the benefit of the doubt, expect them to make the right choices in life and generally figure they did a good job raising their children and that they will turn out good...

His parents don't sound very supportive and that they are expecting the worst and are just going to sit back and wait for him to make bad decisions, screw up his life and be there to gawk at him when it falls apart like everybody else with a "I knew this was going to happen..." and "I told you so..." attitude.

9. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Really? Grow-up!

10. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bubbakitty's remark about skill levels in college versus those in the pros really resonates with Browns fans when we are in an objective mood. We recall that last big QB who wore no. 2 for us- Tim Couch. Big fish in a small pond. When he hit the big time, he folded like a three-card Monty dealer at a police convention. I'd like to think that Johnny will find a way to avoid hitting the wall, yet his immaturity, short stature and unusual delivery, and possible alcohol dependency are giant "Caution" signs.

11. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am eternally grateful towards Cleveland for selecting Tim Couch rather than Donovan McNabb in 1999.

Thanks!

12. bardolator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Man, did I scream when they did that. That was a lot worse than drafting Johnny Football, who has a potential if uncertain upside. One fan at practice the other day wore a recycled no. 2 jersey with green dollar signs pasted all over it and the name "Manziel" in green pasted over "Couch" on the back.

Browns fans are among the best fans in any sport in any city. Our love is unconditional. However, we do reserve the right to bitch.

13. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I feel for the city of Cleveland some times because despite the Championship droughts we have gone through in Philadelphia the Cleveland drought is insanely depressing.

The Drive...The Indians never pulling through...getting swept by the Spurs...and on and on

14. Gino

Gino "The King of Inappropriate."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Real shocking a 21 year old kid with a buncha new money, fame, and an NFL contract (albeit with the Browns lmfao) would be partying his ass off in LV or otherwise...:yawn:

15. bardolator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's your ass, so do whatever you like with it.

16. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not even close.

17. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Then he should have stayed in school until he is ready to grow up and be a real QB leader.His bullseye is getting so big that he might be dof, dead on field. I do blame Cleve just as much because they knew what they were drafting. Maybe that's why they have won much in Cleve.

18. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess I'll never understand the "hater" mentality... rooting for someone, anyone to fail.... it seems to be the American way now.

19. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Making Johnny Football the solo poster boy for what is wrong across sports and America's cult of obsession is a bit like giving Stalin a pass because Hitler was worse.

20. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very true! I just like rooting "for" things, as opposed to "against" things... it seems to be a much better feeling. Unless it's the Broncos, Chiefs or Chargers... then I hate them! GO RAIDERS!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.