1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Jimmy Buffett or Bust.

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by golfnut, Jul 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. golfnut

golfnut Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just booked my trip for the end of October for the jimmy buffet concert. It will be our first buffett concert. I know that Buffett concerts usually intales per-tailgating. Have any of you been to the concert prior? Also do they have an era on or by the strip that they allow for pre-concert shenanigans. Should be fun. Fins up!

2. djegators

djegators Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

Been to dozens of Buffett concerts over the years, including two Vegas ones. I have found the crowd to be a little different than the Florida ones, but the show itself is always top notch. Can't speak to the tailgating part, I'm sure others can handle that aspect.

3. ardee

ardee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vegas is a different creature. No tailgating that I know of. Totally different vibe from a normal concert.

The closest thing you will find is at Margaritaville the couple of hours before and after the concert. But nothing like the crowd in SoCal or Florida.

-ardee
    Proud Parrothead since before you were born.

4. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Songs You Know By Heart cd is always in my vehicles and it gets very regular play. You're lucky to get to see him, I haven't yet. Have fun!!

Super Bowl 2017!!!!
    Super Bowl 2017!!!
  5. golfnut

golfnut Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think thats what makes him great.

6. ardee

ardee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I was in high school, one of my best friend's older brother lived in the same apartment complex as Jimmy in Key West. He sent us a copy of A White Sportscoat and a Pink Crustacean and said we had to check this guy out. Been a fan ever since. I remember when the Coral Reefer Band was just Jimmy and Fingers Taylor. I have no idea how many of his concerts I have been to over the years, but it has to be quite a figure.

7. earth-3

earth-3 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    He must be drawing a huge crowd. Many hotels are listing rooms as sold out or blocked for that weekend. The Wynn is charging double their normal night for Thusday and Friday of that week, making them the most expensive two days of the month. He is the only thing of substance in town during that time.

8. S'AllGoodMan

S'AllGoodMan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As of this week, tix are still available for both shows...

9. elvis66

elvis66 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They used to do a street party between O'Shea's and Margaritaville but with construction that's not happening. Any one know where they are relocating it?

10. weluvvegas

weluvvegas Vegas Slot Junkie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Didn't go to his concert but my husband and I got caught in the Buffet crowd on the monorail going from the north end to the MGM a few years back a few hours before the concert. It was quite an entertaining ride to say the least.

40th Birthday Bash!
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.