1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Jimbo338, Perhaps the last one to know!

Discussion in 'Las Vegas for the Frugal (not Cheap)' started by Jimbo338, Aug 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know that just about all of us hate the Resort Fees, ironically charged by many places that can hardly be considered resorts in the bigger scheme of things. One of our complaints is comparing prices, and finding a good deal only to realize that when you figure in the resort fee and add taxes, the room is more than other rooms appear more costly but have no hidden fees.

Some folks say what's the difference, just add the fee and compare but I argue that the hotels should do that and not try to bait and switch.

Well, perhaps this is known by all except me but I generally start my room search with Kayak.com. On the left side there are 2 boxes that can be checked. The first is to list or not to list hotels with no prices given and the second is to list prices with fees and taxes included. Just click on to this one and voila, you can compare without worrying about resort and other fees.

I don't know if the other search engines do something equivalent but I was happy to discover this at Kayak! I hope this helps someone else out there!

Jimbo338

2. birdman925

birdman925 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Jimbo!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.