1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

JetBlue you have to be kidding me

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by mike mc, May 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike mc

mike mc High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking up for a Direct flight, thought Tues and Wed were low airfare days
    for look up Monday June 11th,keep in mine you're one way going out :vomit:

Departs/Arrives Route Flight Info Lowest
    Price/Person*
    08:25 AM
    11:22 AM
    Boston, MA (BOS) to
    Las Vegas, NV (LAS)
    $544
    Needless to say didnt bother to look for a flight home :Þ
    Tues Mornings same flight if you can maybe call it better $380 :eek:

2. zerofan

zerofan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mike - prices weren't good to begin with even 6 months ago. The fact that you are trying to book one month out is why you are seeing those prices.

Again, they were not much better in Jan, etc but gas prices are sky high and all those things combined are creating what you are seeing.

3. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah their prices out of BOS for the summer are ridiculous. I already booked Southwest out of MHT, but I peek at JetBlue every once in a while. You'd normally be able to get at least one of the non-stops each way for about $189. Haven't seen anything anywhere near that for the summer yet.

I fly out of MHT whenever SW has a morning non-stop. No BS, push off on time, taxi out to the runway for 3 mins and you're on your way.

4. sandc4e

sandc4e Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    BOS prices are nuts right now!

5. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not just BOS. Prices are about double out of SEA to Southern California and LAS. Just crazy. They are high but manageable until the second week of June, when they just skyrocket, on pretty much every airline. I think they are holding out for people booking summer vacations after school gets out. Hopefully they will find planes 1/2 empty and start running sales soon. If not, then who knows where it will stop. I myself have not booked a single trip for the summer, except 1 in early June. I normally have at least 1 trip a month booked until the end of the year by now.

6. raraavis

raraavis VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    we've been trying to get airfare since march, and prices have sucked the whole time. but farecaster says to wait, that prices will drop. i'm very nervous. we've never been this close to our departure date without airfare. i would love to fly jet blue; it's my favorite airline. but whenever i put in my dates, it says N/A.

7. steveorama

steveorama Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Mike,

I got that same flight leaving this Thursday for $200. Booked on Apr. 2 for May 10 , on a Mon. morning. At that time the return flight was too high.

I booked the return (direct) flight for $170 the next day (I booked the next day - not for the next day). By then the outgoing flight had gone up.

So check every day. and check each leg for best price. (Sat. stay over no longer required.)

8. tvon

tvon VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    keep checking farecompare/kayak/google ita. Set up alerts. Look for alternative airports (bos, pvd, mht.. even NYC area aiports.. Fung Wah bus can get you to NYC for $15). Explore LA area airports too. If you have the time, the drive up can be fun.

9. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We seldom book more than a couple months in advance, often less than a few weeks, and have been checking air ever since returning from Vegas in early April. But with r/t fares hovering in the high 400's instead of the usual low 300's, we gave up on a May trip and started thinking about late June. Then on Saturday, a single r/t flight (the one we wanted) dipped to $279 and we pounced. With just 2 weeks out, fares for most r/t flights are now around $330.

Airfares and how fast they change have been insane for the past decade, and this is just one more example where it sometimes pays to wait and keep checking.

Last edited: May 9, 2012
  10. JoeDat

JoeDat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just booked last week BOSTON to VEGAS direct on JETBLUE dirt cheap.

Sat July 21 8:05pm Flight 777 for $180 + $50 (extra leg room) each
    Thursday July 26 12:26pm Flight 782 for $220 +$50 (ELR) each

2 of us was just over a grand with extra leg room seats.

11. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good job, you snagged them on a good day.

12. raraavis

raraavis VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    wait, so you consider $500 each dirt cheap???? :eek: i'm scared to see what you consider average or normal. i think i would consider dirt cheap to be about $200 each for flying out of newark direct to vegas on jet blue (i'm assuming boston is in general more expensive to fly to vegas than newark). that would be a steal! but $500? that's way more expensive than i've ever seen (until this year). :peace:

13. chess

chess VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I feel your pain.....

I booked from DC to LAS non stop via SWest for 470... more than I wanted to pay but its life I guess...:(

14. KnowItAll

KnowItAll VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When Southwest opened their flights to Vegas in February I pounced on $252 RT for May. It has been crazy high since then.

15. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A lot of people don't know that Jet Blue also offers a perk where if the fare drops after you book it, they will credit the difference into your True Blue account for use on a future flight (it has to be used within a year). This is not something that is widely publicized - it is more of a word-of-mouth policy, but I just got a discount when the fare on one of my July flights dipped.

You can check the price every day and if it drops from what you paid, call Jet Blue and let them know you would like the difference credited to your account. Just make sure that they keep you in the same seat you originally booked (sometimes they have to rebook you to give you the discount and I always remind them to put me back in the seat I originally had).

The Jet Blue American Express card is also good for earning mileage points. You get a ton of points for signing up and also for referring people. If someone flies Jet Blue frequently, they might as well get the card and earn some free flights along the way! (you also get extra points for paying for your flights with the card etc - not bad).

Oh and I noticed a lot of people here said they booked flights that were "direct" - when you book a flight, never ask for direct if you don't want any stopovers because direct flights just mean they are going to the end destination and often make stops along the way where you have to change planes. "Non-stop" is what you want to ask for if you want to go straight to the destination city without any stops along the way...

16. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's exactly what I thought! YIKES!

17. JoeDat

JoeDat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $500 to fly non stop from the east coast to west coast round trip is definitely cheap. It would have been $400 but I spent and extra $100 on extra leg room seats. I like being in the front of the plane so I can be first on and first off.

Maybe I think it is so cheap since I haven't paid for a room in Vegas for over 5 years. Call me crazy but $500 travel expense for a trip is damn cheap if you ask me.

18. raraavis

raraavis VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yeah, i know the technical difference. but i was keeping with the lingo the op used, so people knew i was talking about the same thing.

hey no biggie; we all just have different definitions, and "cheap" is very subjective. before, you said that $500 a person is dirt cheap for airfare, now you're saying $500 is dirt cheap for your whole traveling expense (room and transportation). on that, i would agree that $500 is great ($400 if you don't include your legroom costs) if you consider that to cover hotel and airfare.

in my opinion, i think $400 is about what i would expect for an east coast to las vegas non-stop flight. so i consider that average. cheap might be $250ish, and dirt cheap would be $200 or below. that's great that you don't pay for your hotel! we always have to. we booked at bally's for 5 nights for only $220 (which includes taxes), so $110 p/p for room. we try not to pay more than $350 for flight; that way our travel expenses stay around the $500 mark just like yours.

19. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A BOS -> LAS fare that used to be advertised as $154 now has to be listed as $176, because all the taxes and fees have to be included.

So the $180 fare he got, used to be listed as $158, and the $220 used to be listed as $198. $158 each way is very good, and $198 isn't as good, but not horrendous.

20. chess

chess VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    killller deal :thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.