1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Jet Blue Schedule

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Steve in RI., Mar 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve in RI.

Steve in RI. Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I noticed that Jet Blue is currently taking reservations up until October 25th. It looks like my next trip to Las Vegas will be during the following week. I flew Jet Blue last year, and it was such an enjoyable experience compared to Southwest(and the other carriers) that I would be willing to pay more to do so. When can I expect the reservation period to be extended?

2. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your best bet is to call 1-800-JETBLUE and ask them - they should be able to give you a good idea of when the schedule will open up.

3. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have never flown Jet Blue, Steve, can you elaborate more on why you enjoyed flying with them so much? They do not fly out of Manchester NH airport but I usually check Boston for better times or prices. So far it has never worked out due to bus schedules but someday it may.

Jimbo338

4. Steve in RI.

Steve in RI. Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I flew Jet Blue last year when I went to Las Vegas with my brother. Since he lives in Southern CT, we flew out of JFK. Both of the flights were on time. Compared to Southwest, there is no "cattle car" boarding, and you actually get an assigned seat. There is no charge for one checked bag. You also get free Direc TV. If you want to watch a premium movie, it is a little extra. They give you a hot towel before landing. On the red eye flights, they give you a sleep mask and ear plugs.

That's why I'm willing to pay extra to go on Jet Blue. Unfortunantly, they only fly to Florida from Providence. I wouldn't mind making the trip to Boston if I have to.

5. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

I haven't flown any other airline except Jet Blue for years. I always go for the extra legroom seats (although the fee has gone up a bit - a couple of years ago it was only $25 extra from JFK to Vegas ; last year it was $55 and this year it is $70!) because you get the advantage of roomier seats, as well as pre-boarding etc. The planes are clean, comfortable, and run smoothly. I had True Blue mileage points and my upcoming flight to Vegas only cost $2.50 (which is the tax, plus the $70 for the extra legroom seat).

The one secret perk about Jet Blue that is unadvertised, is that if you book your ticket and the price drops, you get the difference refunded into your Jet Blue travel bank as a credit for use at a later time. Let's say you pay $200 for your flight and it drops to $150, you call up and Jet Blue will credit you the $50 difference. The credit has to be used within a year, meaning you have to book it within a year, not that the travel has to be completed within a year. I still have almost $100 in refunded credit to use thanks to Jet Blue!

6. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    JetBlue Pros:
    • Soft, comfortable seats, decent legroom even for non-premium seats
    • Seatback TV with a decent number of channels/options
    • Has the only non-stops to/from BOS
    • 1 bag free

Cons:
    • It's hard to get a real good price on the morning non-stop, which is the one I want. I recently booked a Saturday morning non-stop in July for $188, which is about $40 more than the last time I booked them.
    • $40 for the 2nd bag
    • $75-$150 change/cancel fee
    • Premium seats were $50 extra last time I booked, now $85

BTW, Jimbo, I noticed that Southwest has one non-stop each way to/from MHT on Saturdays-only this summer.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.