1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Jazz at Mandarin Oriental?

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by Aaasaunt, Jun 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aaasaunt

Aaasaunt Tourist

I just read in a magazine that there is live jazz at the Mandarin Oriental on Sunday and Tuesday nights. Anyone ever been?

2. anteatergoat

anteatergoat Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Both times that I have been to Mandarin Bar have been on Sunday evenings. The same jazz band was playing both times. It seems as though they are local guys who have an agreement with the hotel to come in and play on Sundays (and Tuesdays?). They're pretty cool guys who put on a good show. I'm not necessarily a Jazz fan, but some of the covers they do are easily recognizable and catchy, and the truly Jazzy music is equally as good based upon my general appreciation for music.

Mandarin Bar (23rd floor, very close to the elevator bank) is already a pretty cool, albeit expensive, place to enjoy a drink due to the spectacular views and excellent drink quality. The live music complements the atmosphere really well. Be aware that out of the 2 times I was there for Jazz, they required a 2-drink minimum per person on my most recent trip due to the live entertainment ....so there's a very rough 50/50 chance you may encounter that. I don't remember being charged an additional entertainment fee or some other BS though.
    Enjoy!

3. Aaasaunt

Aaasaunt Tourist

Great, thanks so much for the info!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.