1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Javiers @ Aria mini review

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by JaviSRK, Dec 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JaviSRK

JaviSRK Low-Roller

Feb 9, 2010
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since this review is pretty much live , going to keep this short.

I went to the bar at about 6:45 pm local time, and there wasn't much of a crowd. The bartender was pretty friendly, and I promptly ordered a Jalapeño Margarita and the Enchiladas Suizas.

The drink:
    The mix in itself was standard texmex fare, but the jalapeños are what made the drink. The drink is unassuming at first, until a few seconds pass. Then the jalapeño bit kicks in, sending the drink into a pretty good status with me. I took a bite into a few of the jalapeños, and they were definitely fresh.

The chips and salsa:
    The chips were nice and crisp, and the salsa was really good. As a Texan, I was impressed at the flavor and freshness of the salsa.

The enchiladas:
    Unfortunately this is where Javier's falls short. The enchiladas contained dark chicken with was covered with Jack cheese and a green tomatillo sauce. To me, it just tasted like standard texmex fare. The Mexican rice was also standard texmex fare... but to be fair, most Mexican rice that I've tasted at restaurants tend to be lackluster.

The food came out really fast, which was really impressive. But I'm not sure if I can recommend the man dishes. I usually am underwhelmed with Mexican fare in Vegas... but that may just be me being spoiled by living in Texas.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.