1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

January 2016 - What's going on?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by natalyn, Jul 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. natalyn

natalyn Newbie

Mar 18, 2014
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are planning a trip to LV for my son's 30th birthday. The tenative weekend in January 21-24, 2016. Do you know where I can find out what is going on? (conventions, major events, etc.)

The reason that I am asking is because we have some people that want to book the trip now and some that want to book later. I am just worried that the later bookers will have a problem finding someplace to stay if there is a major event going on that weekend.

Thanks for your help.
  2. daveko69

daveko69 Tourist

Apr 14, 2014
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well the AVN awards are Jan 20-23, so ask your son if he knows about them :evillaugh
  3. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Apr 13, 2007
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    According to this there are a few mid-sized conventions, including the adult entertainment expo.

I also like using the CET rate calendar to get a sense of what weekends hotels expect a spike in business.

Regardless, especially for a weekend stay, my general advice would be as long as they can afford to front the deposit, all people seriously considering the trip should book a hotel sooner than later (through the hotel). These bookings (unless it is a promo that says otherwise) can be cancelled for a full refund.
  4. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

Jul 22, 2013
    AVN and the tail end of SHOT Show, are the big ones. There are usually a few smaller conventions in town too. January is a big convention month for Vegas.
  5. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Oct 5, 2007
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    The SHOT show is from Jan 19 - 22 so you will arrive smack during the show so it may be a little crowded. The AVN show is also that weekend so expect the Hard Rock Hotel to be busy.

I would recommend booking things early (rental car, hotel, maybe even airline) since the SHOT show is expected to draw over 65,000 people.

Of course this pales in comparison to the over 100k people that attend the annual CES at the beginning of January but 65k is also a lot of people in one city.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.