1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Jan. 13th, 14th and 15th plus a question

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Robertintx, Jan 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robertintx

Robertintx Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

I rode the WAX to and from downtown and for $1 each way you can't beat it plus it only took approx. 20 min. each way.
    I stayed at the Fremont like I usually do, room 422, king size smoking, and the room was great, no outside noise etc..
    The Tuesday night seafood buffet was great, except for the seafood enchlaids, which I didn't care for, but everything else was wonderful.
    I looked around and didn't see any dirt or dust ( ref. prior post in buffets).
    I played my usual games Tue., wheel of fortune, three card poker, then went to the D and played Sigma Derby (which is my favorite game).
    I didn't win anything big, just enough to keep playing.
    Wed. morning I had the breakfast buffet at the Fremont, which again was wonderful.
    However, Wed. evening and night I felt terrible. Could it be dehydration ? I didn't drink anything but coffee.
    This is the first time I didn't feel good and slept nearly all afternoon and night. I just didn't have any enegry and was sleepy.
    Again, could this be from dehydration or just a bug I picked up ?
    This is the first time this has ever happened as I usually go and play all the time. I didn't even get out to see the Fremont
    Light Show.
    Thu. coming home I still felt bad even though I'd been drinking water. The plane was delayed one hour because of fog in California.
    But I made it back even though late.
    Like I said eariler, Tue. and Wed. morning were great but it went down hill from there. I didn't realize I could sleep as much as I did.
    But being 69 years young I guess we can't feel good all the time.
    I'm just wondering if not drinking any water Wed. had anything to do with it ?
    I'll go back for my 70th birthday in July but will carry a bottle of water and drink it . BTW I don't drink alcholo so that couldn't be it .
    Have a wonderful day and I highly recommend the Fremont.

2. macwjp

macwjp Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If are experiencing muscle cramping then it is highly likely that dehydration may be the issue. More likely that you just picked up a bug that is sapping your energy. Sucks when it happens on trips but it does happen. Hope you had a good trip otherwise

3. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I never went up close to examine for dust and dirt, maybe next time I will check out the plastic plants to see if they have been dusted recently, lol.

I like the fremont seafood buffet but not as much lately. Previously they would split the crab legs for you so you don't have to crack them open but last year they stopped that practice. The waitress said that it was too much trouble for them to split the crab legs. We both agreed that it is more wasteful because customers only eat the meaty portions and leave the rest so they have to grab more crab legs to get the same amount of meat.

I usually carry bottled water with me in vegas where ever I go. During the summer I would end up dehydrated because I didn't drink enough water so I make it a habit to hydrate on my trips.

4. Robertintx

Robertintx Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it was a combination of dehydration and stomach virus.
    I've had the stomach virus since i've been home so I'm going on Energize Greens and Essential Cultures.
    Greens are good for you and the Essential Cultures and the best proboitic around so when I go back to
    Vegas in July (my 70th birthday) I should be ready, energized and energitic.
    Good luck and God Bless

5. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry you didn't feel well...hopefully things will go more smoothly on your next trip!

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.