1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Jackpot party

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Trip Reports' started by wormhole, Oct 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wormhole

wormhole Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Just did an overnight stay at one of the Indiana riverboats, Belterra. My bankroll was slowly being drained. Bye the morning of the second day, I was barely hanging on to the last if my bankroll. I sat down at a Crazy 4 poker table and bought in with the remains of my money. This table has a $1 side bet that feeds a progressive pot (along with several other tables) where a royal flush gets the whole pot. It was a little over $96K. It uses all 5 cards, where the normal play uses only 4 of the 5 cards dealt. A few hands in, I get dealt a 5 card straight flush for 10% of the pot. $9614! That went into, and stayed, in my wallet. I won a few more hands before leaving to play other games and eat lunch. Later in that day, I was still running on the remains of my original bankroll when I sat back down at this table right before they switched to new cards. A young couple was at the other end. The dealer was only a few hands into the new cards when the young lady was dealt a 5 card straight flush! My hit had lowered the pot, so she only got about $8700. The funny thing is, her husband, sitting next to her, was dealt a 5 card straight flush 3 days earlier at the same table, same dealer, for a $10K hit! These 3 pots (2 in one day, 2 in the same week to the same family) drew a lot of attention from other dealers and pit crew just because of the unusualness of it. They paid here without any grief.

P.S. There sure is a lot of procedural crap involved in these jackpots.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
  2. higgiel

higgiel Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats on your wonderful hit. I was at Caesar's Windsor a couple of weeks ago and the player to my left at Let it Ride got a 5-card straight flush. 10% of the progressive there was over $12K. Earlier that day, a player at the Crazy 4 Poker table got a royal flush, but hadn't played the dollar bonus bet, so she didn't get it. Each of the other players at our LIR table got a $300 envy bonus payout. Did the other players at Belterra also get an envy payout?

3. wormhole

wormhole Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, the same envy bets are used at Belterra.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.