1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Jabbawockeez at Luxor

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by zNaturaL, Nov 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zNaturaL

zNaturaL Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi all,

I am considering going to Jabbawockeez this winter but wanted to see what everyone thought of it....Planning on using Myvegas LP's so it would be free.

So far in Vegas I've seen Ka, Zarkana, Love, and Carrot Top . Would Jabbawockeez be worth seeing over seeing one of those 4 again?

Thanks!

2. hillwood24

hillwood24 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd rather see Carrot Too again, but Jabbawockeez is a decent show. I saw it when it first opened at the Luxor and wasn't disappointed.

3. VDMTom

VDMTom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It was a fun show when drunk, nothing too amazing, but decent. :)

4. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm gonna be checking it out in a couple of weeks.

5. Fruth

Fruth Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll reiterate what the others have said. It's decent and fun to see for free. Grab some drinks at T&T before hand. FYI, it's kind of loud if you have sensitive ears.

6. Tellafriend

Tellafriend High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You have to be kidding me.....

7. Iamrice

Iamrice High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We saw it on our last trip and it was bad.

It would have been great if they actually danced as a unit or if the ass grabbing/fart jokes were better. You get a lot of ass grabbing and fart jokes in that show... and they aren't funny.

8. M_ILIS

M_ILIS High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wouldn't go so far to say it was bad, but I agree with Iamrice that the attempts at comedy were out of proportion with the dancing. Too much trying to be funny (not very successfully), not enough of what they're really known for. It felt to me like they were trying to say, "We're not just a dance troupe. We're entertainers!" when in reality it's okay to just be a really talented dance troupe.

9. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was thinking of going--I watched the preview video on the Luxor site & was NOT impressed. I am a former dancer & our daughter is a dancer and I have seen vastly better dancing from her studio & dance team (lots of different kids).

10. bigpatpunisher

bigpatpunisher Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saw the show last summer, also on a MyVegas comp. I found it enjoyable. Not a mind blowing, must see show, but a cool way to spend an hour. Search for some of their clips on YouTube. That'll answer whether the show is for you.

It's worth mentioning that the theater was 60-70% full at the time. My comp ticket was far back, but about 10 minutes before the start, ushers started pulling single people to fill up the front. I went from far back to first row in an instant. Might be worth a shot to ask if you're traveling alone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.