1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

IYO, whats the best buffet Vegas has to offer?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by anonanon, Feb 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anonanon

anonanon Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In your opinion, what is the best buffet Vegas has to offer? Doesn't need to be on the strip or Freemont either.

My favorite all around buffet (for the money) would be the bayside buffet at Mandalay Bay. It's around $30/PP for dinner, includes unlimited beer, wine, and champagne. Whenever me and my group goes there we always seem to eat good food and have a great time (and sneak 1 - 2 beers/champagnes out the front door with us - they don't care).

I'd give Spice Market Buffet at Planet Hollywood a close second with their variety of food being much larger, but there is no included alcohol, the lines are often very long, and you have no view while dining except to stare at a wall.

I've never been to the Bellagio buffet but I've heard it is pretty amazing.

Whats your favorite?

2. LindainWI

LindainWI Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fountains Brunch at Bellagio. It is served at Jasmine's on Sunday mornings only. It was the best buffet ever. The seafood along was outstanding. Huge shrimp, crab legs, oysters etc. They served Peking duck carved table side. They had entrees and small bites galore. And the desserts... to die for. I believe the cost was around $59 w/o champagne. They offered 3 different all you care to drink champagnes ranging in price from about $30 to $99/per person. So the price if you wanted champagne was up to you. Nice option.

3. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have tried a bit like Bacchanal, Bellagio, Wynn, PH, Rio, and an assortment of other buffets.

For a cheap, filling buffet, I like Gold Coast. I am a fan of their moist pound cake and strawberry cheesecake soft-serve ice cream.

For the best buffet, I like Rio breakfast. But since that is gone (*cry*), my favorite is Planet Hollywood.

Wynn is a joke. Bellagio is a contender and Bacchanal is a monster. But ultimately PH has the variety and richness of food that I like.

4. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For us, best bang for the buck is Palms.

5. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Its not the fanciest or has the high end foods but I like the one at Harrah's for overall selection, quality and foods that I would eat.

Like the Mandalay Bay buffet that the OP mentioned: yeah it looks nice, and service at the tables is pretty good... but every thing in there, even the basic stuff, is coated with herbs and spices and I don't want every bite of my food to taste like rosemary or some other strong herb

6. KBT2012

KBT2012 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1. Bacchanal
    2. Wicked spoon
    3. Wynn
    4. Bellagio

I've eaten at just about every major buffet and the 3 worst buffets I have ever eaten at were Luxor, Rio Seafood buffet (eaten there 3 times because of the people I with, this was over a 4 year period), and Planet Hollywood - wasn't necessarily bad but everything tasted like a microwaved TV dinner.

7. AndyAkeko

AndyAkeko Time magazine's 2006 Person of the Year

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the Studio B Buffet at the M resort is the best overall for the price (at least on weekdays). Their prime rib was one of the best I've ever had, buffet or not. Huge selection, friendly prompt service and also all-you-can-drink wine or beer.

The best dinner buffet I've had in Vegas was at the Wicked Spoon in the Cosmopolitan. My wife still raves about the mac-and-cheese bar and the incredible chocolate-covered strawberries at dessert. I love eating there, but I hate paying for it.

Breakfast at Le Village Buffet in Paris is our only must-eat destination in Vegas, particularly for the crepe station.

I agree that the Mandalay Bay's Bayside Buffet is the most overlooked in Vegas, and now it's a great value with the unlimited wine and beer.

The most overrated buffet in the Spice Market Buffet in Planet Hollywood. It was a top-three buffet when it opened, but seems to me to be coasting on that reputation ever since.

8. phade

phade Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Harrah's is pretty constant. It's not great/bad. I think in that respect its the best because it is consistently acceptable.

But, I ate at Spice Market last trip and it was phenomenal all the way around. I plan to eat there again next trip and if it is equally good, then it'll replace Harrahs.

[STRIKE]Some[/STRIKE]All of the opulent buffets I have been too have been great once or twice, and then downright disappointing several times. None of the higher end ones can be consistently great.

9. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bacchanal, with Wicked Spoon a close second. Palms is pretty good and a great value.

10. mattMN10

mattMN10 Minnesota living. Las Vegas dreaming.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been to 4 vegas buffets so far.. main street station (decent, good variety and price), spice market buffet (it was ok, didn't thrill me and pretty expensive at the time), wynn (some decent stuff, but overall not a fan) and Bellagio (my favorite. Get there for the tail end of lunch and you can take advantage when they switch to dinner. Champagne brunch also very good).
    I'm hoping to try something new this trip, perhaps wicked spoon? I'm arriving on Easter and some have recommended the fountain brunch at bellagio (jasmine). Has anyone had brunch at Envy Steakhouse before?

Family debauchery and George Strait 02/17/17
    more and more debauchery.. and Brooks and Dunn w/Reba 02/22/17
  11. mgill1974

mgill1974 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bellagio is my favorite

12. NYPoker

NYPoker Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really enjoy Bellagio. There is just something about it that says "now I'm in Vegas."

13. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Ramblin' Gamblin' Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I visit a buffet once a trip, where in the past it would be maybe 3-4 trips during a week or so trip.

I typically eat one meal a day and rarely eat breakfast, but when I do I have enjoyed Gold Coast and Red Rock resort for the price, selection and quality.

My favorite buffet is Bellagio weekday. Typicallly head in 10-15 minutes before the switch to dinner, to enjoy a soup and salad before digging into the crab legs (which I have heated by the cooks) and shrimp, accompanied by their nice selection of sides. Usually top it all off with bread pudding, cannoli and/or a slice of pecan pie. Great value for the $24 lunch price.

Buffets which I have also had in the past few years include LVH (comped - wouldn't pay for though they have decent free drinks) and MSS which I have given up on. I have enjoyed PHo's and Wynn's buffets in the past. Wicked Spoon was OK, but I prefer Bellagio.

14. coralrush

coralrush Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bacchanal at Caesar's for me. Pricey, but more worth it if you come around 2:20pm or so for the lunch price before the dinner changeover at 3.

15. Ringo16

Ringo16 Tourist

Bacchanal is definitely the best in my opinion. The has a large selection or quality food. Even though my group was done, I was still somehow about to eat for another 30 minutes. Everything was just so delicious that I could not stop. Arrive here around 10am and you will skip the line, while also getting to enjoy their lunch items that roll out at 11am. Unlimited mimosas and wine will also keep you going and the price is well worth it in my opinion.
    I've tried Wynn, Wicked Spoons, PH, MGM, Paris, and the Hilton. Each were pretty disappointing in their own respects.
    Wynn selection is small, but their quality is good. Wicked Spoons is also small, it only took me two rounds before I felt like I got all I wanted. Only memorable item was the bone marrow. Paris is good for breakfast, but not much else. PH, MGM, and Hilton are all average.

16. numeno

numeno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I only regularly eat at 1 of them which is MSS.

In no way is it the best food, but I think the quality far exceeds the price. So if I'm in the mood for variety I will take this buffet over going to something like a cafe downtown. I'm not going downtown just for this buffet.

Buffets to me are a place where I can get a soda, salad, soup, few small entrees and desert for relatively little money. I don't need to spend $8 on some soup when all I really want is a small cup.

17. bryinmi

bryinmi Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just returned from Vegas and ate 2 lunch buffets. One was Mandalay bay and the other was Spice Market.

1st we ate lunch at the Spice Market buffet. This has always been my favorite Vegas buffet, but I have not eaten here since they went to the cupcake station. The reviews I keep seeing here say the place has gone down hill. Those reviews are absolutely spot on.

First I am very easy to please food wise. I'm not fancy. Everything I put on my plate was severely average to just plain awful. This was my worst buffet experience anywhere in Vegas in 19 trips. It is the first time I have never gone back for seconds at a buffet. My wife thought it was terrible as well. We will not be going back. I should have known when we went for lunch at 1:30 and the place was absolutely empty and we walked right up to the register. Not sure how they ruined such a good thing. And they still charge you $26 for lunch and that's with a players club discount.

The 2nd lunch buffet we ate was the Bayside Buffet at Mandalay Bay. I've always thought this is a good, underrated buffet. The food was absolutely fantastic. Everything tasted freshly made and all the dishes I ate were excellent. $22 for lunch is a good price. The do have a weaker dessert section but they offer lots of cookies and I am big cookie fan. The only thing my wife didn't like was a piece of yellow cake.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
  18. mgill1974

mgill1974 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

thanks for the reviews, I've been wanting to try MB for quite some time. Looks like I'll try next time since I'm staying there for one night.

19. bryinmi

bryinmi Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never done the dinner buffet at Bayside...just lunch a couple times on various trips and breakfast. Went on a super bowl trip with my guy friends in 2010 and we ate their breakfast buffet for 3 straight days because we all really liked it. We were staying at Luxor but woke up and walked over there each morning. I imagine the dinner buffet would be quite good as well.

20. luci5

luci5 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree re the Spice Market buffet. I decided it had gone downhill 3 years ago when we went for lunch, but still decided to give it another chance a year later. Mistake, it was every bit a bad if not worse.

We were there at 7am for breakfast as the place was dead. The other 4 tables near us that were occupied were given coffee pots, we were given mugs of coffee. The waitress never came back to check if we needed refills. The food was better at breakfast than lunch, but the service was diabolical. For the first time in my life I left a tip of just over 10c in change. I didn't want to leave nothing in case she thought we had stiffed her or forgotten. I hope she got the point that that was all her non-service was worth and didn't think we were just cheap.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.