1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

iWork or Office for Mac?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by ken2v, Sep 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Finally squeezed the trigger on the new laptop. I haven't used an Apple computer product since ... well, the first Macintosh.

While I am consulting with clients as to their compatibility preferences, from a use standpoint what do you MacBookies think? iWork, Office, other?

My needs with productivity software are rather simple: write/edit, basic spreadsheets and presentations, no need to interface with others over a network on scheduling and the like (never have used Outlook even when available), no heavy lifting.

Thanks.

2. Kickin

Kickin Flea

Pretty much everyone and their mothers use Office for their basic business software. iWork isn't even remotely challenging it at this point. It's supposed to be compatible, but there often seem to be problems using even moderately advanced spreadsheets made in Numbers on Excel and vice versa.

3. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's compatible in the same way that blind people are compatible with driving. iWork is now a free giveaway for iOS devices...says it all really.

4. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I use MS Office for Mac and have for 5-6 years... works GREAT!

5. booker

booker High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've used both for about the same purpose as you. Both met my needs. It's like underwear. What's comfortable for one isn't quite as comfortable for another.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.