1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

I've gotten confused

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by petunia, Oct 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. petunia

petunia Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Concerning the rewards.....I have 2 almost back to back scheduled trips and have 4 rewards total. Can I use 1 or 2 of them on one trip, and then the rest on the next one if there is less than 30 days (just barely) between the day I use the first reward and the day I use the last one? It is starting to confuse me....I must be overthinking it! Thanks for your help :peace:

2. cmrvancouver

cmrvancouver Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi there.. yes you are overthinking. If you only intend to use the four rewards across both trips, there is no issue whatsoever. If you were intending on using as many as you could for each trip, you would then have to take into account the rolling 30 day restrictions. Hope that helps.

3. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You would probably still get bit by the 3/30 rule unless you space them out correctly.

Say, for instance you have 2 trips starting today then later this month:
    You use the first reward on 10/2/14.
    Then a second on 10/3/14
    Then you wait until your second trip to use the third reward on 10/30/14.
    All of those would be allowed since that is 3 in 30 days...

As for the fourth reward...
    You would be able to use the fourth reward on 11/1/14 (30 days past the first redemption)
    And you could use a fifth reward on 11/2/14 (30 days past the second redemption)

If you time it correctly, you'll be fine.

4. cmrvancouver

cmrvancouver Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got the impression from what Petunia wrote is that had 4 rewards to use (in that she had a 4/30 rolling period). If so, my statement still stands and I believe I am correct. If not, and she had purchased 4 rewards to use but only had a 3/30 rolling period, then Scott would correct. Also, keep in mind, that several partners (Wolgang Puck & Sugar Factory, etc.) have their own guidelines and do not fall under the 3/30 rule.

Petunia - can you confirm if you have gained the fourth MyVegas reward or if you still have 3 rewards, but have purchsed 4 to use.

cmr

5. petunia

petunia Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have 4 rewards that I can redeem for. Yes, I know Wolfgang and Sugar Factory don't count,or Monorail either. I just wanted to use a buffet for sure this trip, and maybe something else. Then next trip use the other two which require a stay at MGM property. I won't be staying there this first trip. But I did the Monte Carlo dining reward which requires a stayand thought I'd purchase another one as well to use up the 4. I "think" I'm ok, as both trips are within 30 days, right?

6. cmrvancouver

cmrvancouver Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes you will be fine and your thinking is correct. Have a great time. :D

7. SH0CK

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ahh... Then you can use 4 mLife rewards in a 30 period. Sorry, I misread the question. :eek:

In that case though, you might be able to sneak in a couple more mLife rewards on your second trip if you time things right. :thumbsup:

8. petunia

petunia Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all the help...I've got it sorted out in my mind now :)

9. LVfan

LVfan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When did this change? I ask as I thought there was a 90 day rule from the usage of redeeming the vouchers? I'm a little confused or not up on the rules.

Planning on using one for a cruise in May but going back to LV in July and assmed I could only do 2 redemptions since the end of the cruise and Vegas trip will be about 53 days and that would be one of my 3 allowed within a 90 day period.

10. SH0CK

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The 90 days is the time frame you have after you purchase the reward to use/redeem it. That countdown is displayed within the game under "My Purchases"

The 3/30 limit is for mLife rewards. You can use 3 rewards within a rolling 30 day period. It's been that way since they instituted the limits. The cruise rewards don't count against the 3/30 limit as those aren't mLife rewards.

11. LVfan

LVfan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you...good news

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.