1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

It's that time of year again

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by jerseyguy, Dec 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jerseyguy

jerseyguy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Time for all the druggies to do their Christmas shopping. Basically this means that you do your shopping, bring the stuff home and they break in and steal it. Or you buy something on line,the delivery guy puts it on your porch while nobodys home and they grab it. Or one of my all-time favorites they break into a church or other charitable venue and grab all the toys are donated for the poor kids.
    And of course the basic shoplifting and truck jackings never really go out of style.Throw in all your id theft related stuff and it makes for a great holiday ,dont you think.

2. Jer

Jer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep... Mean people suck.

3. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes - I do think it all makes for a great holiday.

Letting the bad stuff in life suck the joy out of the holidays is fruitless and counterproductive. When we're with our family and loved ones this time of year it's an opportunity to focus on what's right and good in our lives rather than what is wrong with the world.

Now, having said the above, if someone wants to focus on the negative - be my guest. We can all meet our needs in our own way. Me, well... I'll choose to surround myself with my family and friends and be happy for what we've got. Heck, I figure it's been a good year if we simply all made it through alive.

Bill

4. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

+1

SO many dark-cloud posts here lately.

5. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Ellen: I don't know what to say, except it's Christmas and we're all in misery.

6. PaulBowdry

PaulBowdry Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You forgot the Craig list video game scam. People show up to buy a ps4 or Xbox 1 they pay the money get home and has a brick in the box. Just remember you can never rob an honest man. If a deal sounds too good it probably is.

7. jerseyguy

jerseyguy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe I should have said that the holidays bring out the best and worst in some people

8. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, I'm not minimizing your stance - I'm just offering a different point of view.

Bill

9. jerseyguy

jerseyguy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually we have a good time. It just irks me this time of year when people steal from the less-fortunate .Maybe because I havent always skipped down the sunny side of lifes street and stepped in a lot of poop along the way.

10. bswim

bswim High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cops at the local mall patrol the parking lot and if they see anything visible inside the car they leave a flyer on the windshield, if you leave your car unlocked with something visible they put the flyer on your dash and lock your car for you lol

11. jerseyguy

jerseyguy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Amazing,people leave cars unlocked in mall lot. I NEVER go to malls at night,if anything I'm usually one of the first people there when they open up. When I go back to the car in broad daylight I scan the immediate area for sketchy looking people.

12. bswim

bswim High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depends on where you're at. The local mall down the street is just fine anytime of the day. The one to the east of me, I avoid that place during the day LOL

13. hotreds

hotreds VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    poster2002.jpg

A/C in December!?
    Will give them a try!
  14. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

I would be happy to step in poop if it meant our dog was still here making it. Gotta look for the good in everything.

Let's turn the thread into an admonition to be safe this holiday season, and that includes not making yourself into an easy target for thieves and scammers. We lost our DEW (doggie early warning) system, but on the good side, I can use the motion detectors now.

15. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What about robots? I don't even know why the scientists make them!

http://www.hulu.com/watch/2340

(Sorry about the dogger, Bardolater...I know how hard that is.)

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.