1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Its Britney, Bitch!!!

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by Lhammer28, Aug 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lhammer28

Lhammer28 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just had my Pre Birthday, Birthday party & my hubb not only got me the trip, He got me freaking Britney tickets!!!! Im so obsessed and CANNOT WAIT for Friday!!!!
    I know she lip syncs, but I know she puts on a hell of a performance & Im going to love it!!!

2. WHU66

WHU66 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great, enjoy and let us know how it goes! I have tickets for mid-week of my trip, my wife likes Britney and I am looking forward to the 'show', lip-sink or not!!

3. Horatio Hufnagle

Horatio Hufnagle Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saw her in spring. Was very entertaining.

4. seneca7

seneca7 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Enjoy! It's always great when you can get tickets to someone you really want to see. Speaking of Brit, I understand she's been offered a new two year residency, but hasn't yet made up her mind. Will be interesting to see what she does.

5. Lhammer28

Lhammer28 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, It seems like shes enjoying doing the show in Vegas, I think its keeping her settled. I hope she stays,but I thought J.Lo was taking over? im probably wrong on that tho, its hard to keep up!
    I was just so surprised!

For those who've seen it before, we have sec 102, row 1, are they good seats?

6. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was seating there the 1st time i saw the show, as as far as seating goes its hard to beat as you are in the first row, you get a great full view of the stage and when she's on the catwalk you will be very close to her , but 2nd time i was on the floor
    and thats the place to be

7. paperposter

paperposter VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    rumor is brit is gone at end of the year and yes jlo is starting next year

there having a problem selling tics for brit, theve been on discount for locals the whole months of august.

she can resign if she wants ,they will have her back if she wants but cet is over her and the bad press there getting from her show.

there really happy with mirah and other thing they have going on

8. Joe Strummer

Joe Strummer VIP Whale

I guess she won't be missing any shows with a bad throat.
    I lip-synched on a TV show, once.

9. xman30

xman30 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw Britney's show back in May. I was in the Golden Circle. That's right next to the stage, standing only. It cost $180. It was worth every penny & then some. Best & most entertaining part of my trip.

xman30

10. James G

James G Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Crazy, I'm going Saturday and I got tickets in sec 102, row 2.

11. Jordan

Jordan Caveman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saw it 3 weeks ago, and surprisingly enough i loved it....the wife was over the moon....have a blast!!

12. irishdave

irishdave VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My daughter dragged my wife and I to the show last trip, we actually all enjoyed it, and I am not a Britney fan.

thumb_IMG_1141_1024.jpg thumb_IMG_1125_1024.jpg

13. boxofbirds

boxofbirds High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's an awesome show!! Great production, lots of great dancing and set pieces! I'm pretty sure she actually sings along to a backing track because I was close to the stage and didn't see her once miss a beat, but definitely not full on singing "live" like Mariah.

Mariah's show was just basically her singing with a couple back up dancers and some videos on the back wall, very low production value and not as entertaining.

Trip #12
  14. pebbles

pebbles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I enjoyed Britney's show very much. I didn't think I would, but it was way above my expectations.

I hope you have a lovely time.

First trip of 2017.
  15. Mrs. K.

Mrs. K. Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw it last October for my birthday and loved it! The theater was very comfortable and it wasn't full but full enough that it had a good vibe. The show was great. Props to her for managing to look like she is enjoying herself when she does this show over and over. She prances and skips instead of dancing and lip syncs at least 85 percent of the time but it's a well- produced, energetic show.

16. Lhammer28

Lhammer28 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Im pretty excited! Ill let everyone know what I think when i get back!

17. grosx2

grosx2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    She earns around 500k per show, and gets "props" for pretending to sing and "managing to look like she is enjoying herself"....

Haven't seen the show, but if she's making that kind of money for doing what Mrs. K describes, more power to her.

18. NJS24

NJS24 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $500K per show? What's your resource?

How would that be profitable for CET ?

19. grosx2

grosx2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2804019/Britney-Spears-inks-new-Las-Vegas-residency-deal-putting-par-Celine-Dion-475k-show.html

http://www.eonline.com/news/591052/britney-spears-is-now-making-even-more-money-for-her-las-vegas-shows-find-out-how-much

http://www.cambio.com/2014/10/23/britney-spears-earning-475-000-per-show-in-las-vegas/

http://www.celebuzz.com/2014-10-22/youll-never-believe-how-much-britney-spears-makes-in-one-week-of-her-vegas-residency/

My resource is the internet. It's not that hard to look things up.

Re: profitability, I'm not a CET bean counter, so I can't really give you a detailed answer. I can use my Business 101 sense to guess that they decided that paying her that much is justified by what they will make from the people that attend the show. Aside from buying tickets, these people will be spending money on things such as hotel rooms, restaurants, bars, gambling, pool cabanas, etc. This is in addition to the publicity that hosting Britney generates for PH.

And even if they lose some money in the short term, they may gain some lifelong customers that loved the town and became repeat Vegas visitors, but never would have gone if it wasn't to see Britney Spears perform.

20. seneca7

seneca7 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Britney Spears signs on for two more years at Planet Hollywood

Robin Leach at Vegas Deluxe: "Britney promised Caesars execs that she would have an answer by mid-November, but I’ve learned she has now decided to stay and will announce her decision tonight. In fact, tickets are going on sale for the first set of her new run of shows Jan. 2 through April 22.

She will alternate with new incoming resident star Jennifer Lopez, who starts her run Jan. 22. On April 23, I also reported, from Lionel Richie himself, that he would be joining the star lineup there, and the official announcement should be coming shortly."

http://m.lasvegassun.com/vegasdeluxe/2015/sep/09/britney-spears-signs-two-more-years-planet-hollywo/#.VfD_HTrWQeE.twitter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.