1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

It's been a while!

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by ValerieJo, Mar 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ValerieJo

ValerieJo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We usually come to Vegas every October for our Anniversary. Unfortunately we had to cancel our trip in 2014. Bought plane tickets today for our October 2015 trip. Yay! I had booked our room at the Golden Nugget back on the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale. By the time we get there this October it will be 2 years since our last trip.

The Downtown Grand was not quite open yet.
    Container Park was getting ready to open.
    The whole Linque Project on the strip was just getting built.
    The monstrosity known as Zlotzilla was being built.

We usually hit the strip during the day and return to downtown for the evening festivities.

We enjoy the downtown bars and bars on Fremont East all the way down to The Atomic.

Any big changes we expect to see?

Anything special we should plan to see or do? We will have a rental car.

Does anyone know if The Laundry Room is still open?

Any input or pointers I can add to my Vegas list are appreciated.

:beer:

First time at 4 Queens
  2. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ValerieJo, we also love Downtown and will be there the first week of October. My thoughts:

The Downtown Grand was not quite open yet. - It's worth a stop but I am still mad about them ruining the whole locals vibe by moving Mob Bar. It is worth walking to that area for a walk through Gold Spike and pizza a Pizza Rock

Container Park was getting ready to open.- We have walked through it three different trips and something is always closing with another opening. I think it makes a good stop on the way to Atomic, especially at night when the Preying Mantis is shooting fire out of its antennae

I am almost sure The Laundry Room is still open. Just checked Yelp and they have reviews this month. Huge fan of Commonwealth's rooftop!

I think you are going to be surprised at how much change you notice on Fremont East, really amazing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.