1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Items gone from room

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by jbee, Sep 9, 2016.

1. jbee

jbee Low-Roller

Met up with a friend last week in Vegas. He was at Cosmo and us at Orleans. When his group went back to his room in late afternoon, they got a big surprise. There was a naked man and his prostitute in his bed. At that time they called security. I think he said 4 guards showed up. They hummed and hawwed. Front desk did the same. When he told them he was calling the police, the guards took off. Not sure the final outcome as his group was shook up a lot. Alarming as it is, they soon noticed items missing from room. do not know what happened to the naked guy. Main thing that I understood was the guards let the man into the room when he told them he had lost his room key. They let them in! Were they part of it? Checking cameras.
    In all my trips to Vegas there has been several times I went back to my room when it was being cleaned. Even on this trip, when I did that the maid would take my room key and insert it in the lock just to make sure that was my room.
    I do believe this person as his group consisted of him and his mother. Scarey for a classy hotel. If I hear more, I'll report back here.
    My message is that if you are missing items, it might not be the maids

2. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Perhaps some in-house prostitution ring? For that to happen more than security would have to be in on it - housekeeping to watch out for a target guest leaving the room, lobby-watchers making sure target guest leaves the property, giving the "all-clear", then sending up random johns and their hired entertainment to the target room.

I'm kidding, of course, but what an oddity.

4. TedCheddy

TedCheddy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seems like some info is missing. "The guards took off" sounds really crazy. If this had happened to me I would have been standing in the middle of the lobby loudly proclaiming what had just happened. Not saying anyone is lying but, hmm...

• Like Like x 1
  5. shokhead

shokhead I'm no big spender!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fishy as it stands.

Here we go again!
  6. paperposter

paperposter VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i left my wife in my room hoping the maid would take.

• Funny Funny x 4
  7. caroleehs

caroleehs Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  8. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How did he know the woman was a prostitute?

gotta ask these sort of questions you know.

i dont believe the story.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    solid troll post, funny! :thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always lock up my valuables in the safe or in my handcarry rollaway (since my laptop may not fit inside the safe), usually locked inside my bigger suitcase. My clothes and toiletries are available but doubtful they would come in to steal those things.

I have noticed that sometimes you can get into a room when the maids are cleaning it, that's why I never leave anything of value or importance out in the open.

11. Geogran

Geogran OTD Tea Sipper

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In all the years I have been staying in hotels in Vegas, many a time we have gone to the room to find it being serviced - not ONE time were we ever allowed in without proving we had a key and that it worked for that room.

And FOUR security guards ran away? And the front desk hemmed and hawed? Did the police ever show up?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. paperposter

paperposter VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i used too leave my luggage at hotels in between trips so i didnt have too carey all of it if i flew away for a few days. so i check my luggage at ballys bell desk , told them im staying there in a few days , tipped them nice no problem, came back got my luggage they stole my weed but left a ring, it was a girl that went thru my luggage by the ring i found.lol

13. jbee

jbee Low-Roller

Honest post. Just stating what we were told. He and his mom has no reason to say different. Yes, lots of info missing. Like I mentioned, sometimes it might not be the maids.
    It'll be some time until we can talk to each other. But like some of you, we are skeptic at the oddities.