1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

It was close, but I retained Emerald at Boyd until 10/2015

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Joe, Oct 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It was close. I only made it by ~8,000 points, but I have the Emerald Card until Oct 2015, my next renewal date.

Besides earning 3x points and a few restaurant pass-lines entries, I have no idea what that does for me downtown at Boyd. I never figured out if the Emerald and the Gold Card are somehow tied together.

Oh yea, it does get me preferred parking at Suncoast and free parking at MSS.

It is freaking amazing. I'm an old Vegas veteran, even lived there for two years and I'm still excited about our upcoming trip on the 17th.

Christmas
  2. bubbakitty

bubbakitty native Texan; born and bred.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    way to go Joe.....loan me that parking pass for the rental 17th / 18th......

(and actually since you share the card shouldn't the Mrs.'s be included in the "I" made it? or like mine she probably doesn't read any of this so who's going to catch you?)....

Congrats!!

1st Super Bowl DT...Panthers / Browns no doubt
    Spur of momento trip
  3. mwig

mwig High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Way to go on the Emerald level. That is a tough thing to do when you don't live there. I was Emerald for one year and Sapphire every other. Other than the bonus points I'm not sure what the difference is. Parking downtown is free with sapphire or emerald. I know the Orleans and Gold Coast have emerald parking areas. I wasn't even aware there was one at Suncoast. I've been going there for years and never parked in the garage until last summer.

4. bubbakitty

bubbakitty native Texan; born and bred.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No one told me parking was free with sapphire......heck Joe.....I'll take a ticket to Frank C. at the Orleans instead of parking for the sub-compact.

1st Super Bowl DT...Panthers / Browns no doubt
    Spur of momento trip
  5. mwig

mwig High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    del dupe

Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
  6. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I could be completely wrong, but I would think Gold Card is tied to ADT too. So if you were gambling there 200+ days a year and barely made Emerald, they might not offer the Gold Card. Congrats on making Emerald again! The extra multiplier alone is worth an extra $250 in slot play than just being Sapphire.

7. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED !địt mẹ!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's about it...Line Pass and 3x points. Your "Gold Card" gives you more clout downtown than that Emerald does (Gold Card will allow you front-of-line at any restaurant + 100% comp)
    Gold Card isn't specifically tied to Emerald...as Doug said, if you went 250 days out of the year and earned 1000 points per day, you'd be nowhere NEAR a Gold Card, but you WOULD be emerald.
    However, if you went 10 days in a year, and earned 25k points per day, you'd definitely get a GoldCard. (Coincidentally, if you did the same thing at C.E.T. you'd be a solid 3rd tier Diamond card holder)

But damnit if that High Roller Gold ain't so sweet when it hits your lips!

Palace Tower Suite!
  8. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats! Way to go!. By the way i owe you a beer or cocktail, if we are ever there the same time. I got back yesterday. Good luck on this trip.

9. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congratulations on retaining Emerald – we're barely holding onto Sapphire.

Have a terrific trip and tell Jose that Vern the Turtle is looking forward to seeing him on Halloween.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.