1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

It turned out Solo - Mgm - Jan 2016

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by jpw711, Feb 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpw711

jpw711 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

A trip to the MGM – Jan 24 -28th

This was originally going to be a trip with my wife, but knee troubles for her turned this into a solo trip. I'd contacted our host a few weeks ago and had asked for either a city view or a suite “with a bedroom door” on top of our offer for an executive suite, 350 food, limo, and free play (that I had used the previous month), telling him I'd pay with express comps if needed, and that I wanted to add on the fourth night. He responded I'll put you in for the suite and left it at that. He's a man of few words, but always seems to get shit done for me, at no additional cost. I like it.

Flights

Had purchased two tickets, r/t out of Tulsa last February, on SWA on the cheap, had it the sale, and we were to use them in July for the Rush concert. Something happened, and that turned into a solo trip for me, so I banked the funds and flew from a closer airport that trip. So when the next “great sale” showed up, I rebooked. Ended up canceling my wifes ticket, but bit the bullet and drove the three hours to Tulsa the morning of the flight, telling her to figure out where she wanted to go before Feb 23, when the funds expire.

Flight was on time, watched Denver make Brady cry on the way, and had a few drinks. Stopped for a smoke before baggage claim and found my driver waiting for me. Didn't get a limo, got the escalade, which is easier to get into anyway.

Got the limo for the return to the airport, flight was on time coming home, gate at 7:45 pm, in the car with checked bags at 8:06 and on my couch at 11:06. Made good time for 240 miles.

Check in.

Checked in at vip, asked the host for it four or five trips ago, and figured I was still good for it now. They have never told me no, so that works. Was assigned a city view suite, 25003. First time in the city view suite and I liked it. Would have preferred smoking, but we all know about that new policy change.

Gambo

It sucked. I'm a slutter and they sucked money out of my wallet everyday except the first. The first night I hung around MGM, managed to get up 500, then dropped it and another 500 before hitting this:

12630992_10206870698420702_310043520_o.jpg

After the bonus finished, it was up to this:

12591905_10206870700740760_1122009518_o.jpg

Monday Morning decided to go to SLS as I liked the music and, more importantly, their boody marys,

bloody.jpg

so I bought a 24 hour monorail pass, and rode it down there. Sat down at the big bang theory and started playing max bet ($6) a spin and must have hit 25 bazinga bonuses in the hour I played. Then the machine went cold and didn't bother to tell me.

Got back on the rail and stopped off at Westgate as Tring said he wanted to go there his next trip via facebook messenger, so I stopped off and sent him a picture of the lobby.

The CW's had seen better days there, and couldn't see me waving my hands at them, so I made a quick exit, and rode the rail to Ballys, thinking Aria via Bellagio. Wearing jeans, this turned out to be a stupid decision.

After finally making it out Bellagio, without playing, I was sweating like a whore in church and enjoyed the 60 degree air while waiting for the tram, all the while internally scoffing at those people wearing down coats and shivering from the cold.

Stopped in Aria to play my favorite super times pay 3x4x5x 9 line $ machine, only to find out they had taken it out. Dropped $300 in some other nine line machine, and the sucking of the wallet began.

Headed back to MGM and changed into shorts. Ahh.

Spent the rest of the evening at MGM losing.

Tuesday morning, used the monorail to go back to sls for some bloody marys, but service sucked and left there dry, and poorer. Caught the rail with 5 minutes left on my 24 hour ticket and took it back to MGM, where I lost. Walked over to the trop to see if I had any offers on my card, I didn't, and headed to MB to see the Peter Lik photo Gallery. Headed back to MGM and spent the rest of the evening playing various 9 lines.

Wednesday, lost at MGM, won this at MB

12636947_10206880626828906_2124875817_o.jpg

And proceeded to lose more at MGM. Drink service was good so it didn't hurt to bad. At some point I went to activate my free play, the nice lady said I used it in December. I said you're right, find some more in there, and she got me another $175.

Thursday morning, packed up and played some $5 top $. Not much, hit the bonus, took the third offer for 175 and moved on to waste it elsewhere.

MGM says I put 110K tier on, so between the two trips, Platinum is secured for another year.

Dining:

I usually eat room service, after playing all day, and then relax in the room smoking it up. This trip, due to non smoking and my laziness of not being willing to go back downstairs, I ate downstairs.

The first meal was at Crush, lamb chops, ceasar salad, and fancy french fries. The chops were great

Three meals were at Grand Wok. Lots of Sushi, lots of noodles, and some beef/broccoli.

One day I decided to eat lunch at the cafe, got the fish and chips, and it was huge. No way could I eat more than a third if I expected to drink the rest of the day away.

Ended up using 250 of the 350 in food.

Conclusion

My wifes knee is better, sort of, and she is talking about going to Vegas in two weeks. Works for me.

Thanks for reading.

2. vwhiten

vwhiten High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for sharing. My husband and I were at MGM from the 21-26th -- MGM slots and VP were not good to us either.

36th Wedding Anniversary
  3. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks like you turned one trip into two so that's a win! I have SLS on my list of things to do every trip and still haven't made it.

4. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it's an interesting place. But if you like company of others go during evenings/weekends.

Nice wrap up jpw! Hoping for handies next trip!

5. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice trip report. Thanks for posting. I'm going to have to try those 9 line machines you play. The typical 3 reel machines are boring to me - but those with the multiplier look like more fun.

6. Elf70

Elf70 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love those 3x4x5x nine line machines! Glad you got some nice hits. Sorry it wasn't a winning trip. Thanks for the report.

7. M_ILIS

M_ILIS High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice report. Aren't you normally a South Point guy? Or have you moved on? Or am I thinking of someone else?

8. jpw711

jpw711 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been a South Point guy, but they lowered my offer to a normal room without me lowering my play, so I moved on to better offers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.