1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Is there an end to this trip report?

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by HurricaneMikey, Dec 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Why do you think most of my trip reports don't ever see the light of day? [​IMG]

My thinking is, if you can't get the report done is one of two posts, you're wasting your own and everyone elses time. But to each their own.

2. motorcitycobra

motorcitycobra Tourist

Originally posted by Jack21:
    Isn't there some sort of T2V, Nevada Gaming Commision, or Federal Law against spending more time creating TRs of Vegas than physical time actually spent on the trip itself? Anyone?

I'm wondering if her/his ramblings weren't written while fantasizing in her/his dorm room at the University of Northeast Central Western Idaho after watching an episode of "The O.C.", while gazing at a picture of her/himself pasted next to a pic of Brad Pitt, and downing a bottle of Boone's Farm wine. [​IMG]

Cobra

3. blackjack

blackjack Monkey!!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mikey, I must 1st say what a friggin' comedian you are. I swear, between you & doctor_al, I'm gonna need a new keyboard & monitor [​IMG] . I'll stick by my original Lacy thought - she cannot be anymore full of herself. I don't know Lacy from a hole in the wall, but my guess would be she is a control freak. All friendly from the get go, just don't strap yourself in or your in for a helluva ride.

Lacy, to your credit, you have the attention you so desire & seem to handle criticism well. I have read parts 1-4 & will read on as the next installments appear. It took 3 chapters before you had a drink though, so hopefully by chapter 7 there will be some blackjack or craps to talk about, otherwise, people might lose interest [​IMG] .

4. Dougie

Dougie I am IN!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    University of Northeast Central Western Idaho

Dude, don't diss the perpetual slow motion program. Looks like they have an 8 year plan to garner the elusive Associates of Greeting Card Writers Degree.

5. RamBill

RamBill Tourist

HEY GUYS....Just like TV, If you don't like it, change the channel and quit yer bitching.....

To all the literati here...WHAT MAKES YOU THINK YOUR WRITING IS ANY BETTER AND ANY LESS EGO INFLATING??? JESUS, THIS BOARD IS GETTING AS SANCTIMONIOUS AS THE LVA ONE!!
    Remember your TRs are about YOUR trips and about what YOU did and how YOU felt!! In essence, they're about YOU!!

At ease, soldiers, General Rant has left the building... [​IMG]

6. RossW

RossW North of the 49th

Trips to Las Vegas:
    RamBill is right, lets not let this place get nasty.
    Since the Jer Peaks and Valleys TR, people are getting their sh#t in a knot....Let people write what they want.....We have the choice to believe it or not.....

[ December 31, 2004, 09:38 AM: Message edited by: RossW ]

7. Smarra17

Smarra17 Poker Queen

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lets all play nice, Lacy I like the romance novel tone of your report...ladies and gentlemen lets not get too out of hand here. I know that you all are just showing your love in your unique T2V way but lets give the lady a break here.

8. blackjack

blackjack Monkey!!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is Mikey's topic. If you don't like it then change the channel.

Lacy is a big girl (literally) & she handles herself just fine. I find the whole thing amusing.

9. Lacy

Lacy Guest

As do I. :D Back later with Part 5.... ;)

10. Smarra17

Smarra17 Poker Queen

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry Jack I am SURE Mikey did not mind my comment. No reason to change the channel I find the whole thing very amusing as well, take a chill pill my friend no reason to bite.

11. blackjack

blackjack Monkey!!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Smarra, I don't bite (unless asked to [​IMG] ). I was referring to an earlier suggestion to "change the channel". This is all in good fun (at least I thought it was) & Mikey's list of upcoming chapters is hilarious. At face value, this is entertainment & nothing more. If I offend Lacy in any way then I do apolgize. That is not me. [​IMG]

12. Smarra17

Smarra17 Poker Queen

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was cracking up myself and have been on this board quite a while now so I know the deal with the jokes...I even get involved once and a while. I love MIkey's writing and personally do not get offended by anything but do know that some people who visit this board might get the wrong impression that we like to slam. That said I think that Lacy takes this all in foun as it is ment to be and that is great! Hope everyone has a Happy and SAFE New Year!

13. HurricaneMikey

HurricaneMikey A-List Buffoon

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm glad I could provide some laughs to lighten up the self-seriousness and navel-gazing of the afore-mentioned trip report.

But beware...

Now that I'm going to have nothing but free time on my hands for the next month or so, much posting will ensue. [​IMG]

Prepare yourselves.

Mikey

14. RossW

RossW North of the 49th

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmmmm...This could be good......I gonna see if I can get a "leave of absence" till HM starts the new job...... [​IMG]

RossW

15. dkbk

dkbk High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At least Jer's was good reading.

16. dkbk

dkbk High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can't wait Mikey. How about an epic trip to the Hoyas' place?

17. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh, Mikey has an open invitation and he knows it. Alas, I think he's focussed on more imrportant things at the moment.

18. Vegas Addict

Vegas Addict Guest

Mikey, you just crack me up to no end. I'm surprised Lacy hasn't posted a "dolled" up pic yet.......Can't wait to compare the Cinderella 11:59pm pic vs. the 12:00am pic.

19. duffelbag don

duffelbag don Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey at 2AM nobody's ugly!

To quote Stacy Keach from the former Fox sitcom Titus, " son you don't go straight for the 10...you get the 6 and drink 'till she's a 9!"

20. Vegas Addict

Vegas Addict Guest

I've already seen the clock-strikes-midnight -pic on another thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.