1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Is there a limit on how much you can spend in express comps at one time?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by JillyFromPhilly, Sep 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JillyFromPhilly

JillyFromPhilly Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm sure the answer's out there somewhere else on here or on Mlife's site but I'm feeling lazy, so:

I've got a ton of Mlife express comps to burn, but we're staying at Palazzo next trip - If we decide to do it up at an MGM restaurant and don't feel like bugging my Aria host for the comp - is there a cap on how much I can spend on a single meal if I use my express comps to cover it?

Was thinking Joel Robuchon, and we'll probably go the full 16-course + drinks & good wine if we do, so the bill could easily get into the mid-five-figures.

2. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Geez is mid 5-figures $50,000?

That is some good wine!!!

Sounds like a fun way to blow through those express comps though.:beer:

3. JillyFromPhilly

JillyFromPhilly Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Whoops, I meant mid-four-figures - even I don't have that many Express Comps [though maybe Natedogg, Shifter or Tellafriend do LOL]

4. PopMegaphone

PopMegaphone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jilly, why spend it all at once? I suggest a plane ticket, Aria Suite and full F&B under my name.

I kid, I kid. You've got an awesome problem on your hands!

5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never heard of anyone hitting a limit. Nor, I have I ever seen one printed anywhere.

What time is dinner?

Sad part? - tip!

6. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Shifter is definitely the one to ask. He mentioned burning through 20K in ECs this past trip.

7. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i have never actually charged a restaurant bill directly to my ECs, but i did hear a story of a guy doing that at JR for 100k in wine, so you should be fine.

8. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was on the phone with my host about an upcoming trip when I read your post.
    I asked the question.
    There is no limit on what you can use at one time.
    If you have 50K and want to have a party at a restaurant, you can do it.
    No top end on usage.
    I thought I was being a pig last week charging two seperate $500 meals directly to express comps.
    Have fun!!

9. DBear

DBear VIP Whale

First 10 people to post to this thread gets a nice JR tasting menu dinner! That still leaves plenty of moolah for the afterparty!

10. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We can throw in for the tip!!

11. maximus56k

maximus56k Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After the changes kick in for mlife I wonder how the earning rate of EC's is for us.

12. JillyFromPhilly

JillyFromPhilly Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, um, what's the deal with all these changes? Does anyone know the specifics? I've been hearing a lot of grumbling but haven't been paying too much attention since I'm staying at Palazzo this next trip - all I know is it's inspired me to burn off some EC's this trip since I have over $10K of them saved up & it seems it has something to do with them going to be limiting them or taken away? [although, from what I had heard I had expected/thought my EC's were going to be capped at $10K but after our last trip saw I'd gone over that anyway]

13. numeno

numeno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

I recall reading that it is possible to go above the limit during the trip, but then excess is removed afterwards. This makes sense in that if you are at the cap, then they are basically telling you that you earn no EC until you buy something.

Their policies are all over the map though, so I could be completely wrong. :)

Also, do any of you that earn a ton of EC feel like you use at least half what you earned during your trip? I don't think they were cut in half, but that would be worse case. I read a lot of posts on here from people that have no idea what to do with EC because their primary comps cover it. I'm curious if this is a common Noir issue or only for those at the upper Noir levels.

14. JillyFromPhilly

JillyFromPhilly Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've only used a fraction of the EC's I've earned so far - first trip to Aria in January, I don't think I used any - I'm pretty sure everything was charged to the room & taken off with primary comps - then on our most recent trip in May, I used EC's for the two meals we had that were at MGM props but not Aria [dinners at Jasmine at Bellagio and Andre's at Monte Carlo] just to burn some off because I thought I was going to get capped at $10K - but by the end of that trip I had wound up going over $10K in my EC balance anyway even after using EC's for those two meals.

15. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    JFP -- totally off topic, but what did you think of Andre's?

16. JillyFromPhilly

JillyFromPhilly Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I posted a full review in the restaurants section - but the quick version is I thought it was good, a nice "old school" French restaurant - not the best in town or in anyway a competitor to Robuchon or Guy Savoy, but still a good choice if you're looking for more classical French cuisine. And the upstairs Cigar & Whisky bar is a great place to hang after dinner if you're into Cigars.

17. Kimsa70

Kimsa70 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you're on a trip and NOT staying or playing at a MGM property and use express comps to pay for a meal at an MGM property, does that count towards your trip theo at MGM? Would there be a negative impact?

18. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. I'll look for your review.

19. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At the higher level of player it would have no impact.

20. JillyFromPhilly

JillyFromPhilly Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually, this was in the back of my mind, since I'm not planning on stopping by Aria [or gambling at any other MGM place this trip] - I'll be staying at Palazzo and have also re-activated my CL at Wynn since I'll be right next door - but I'm not overly concerned with my MGM "status" since I figure next trip after this one Aria's only got a 1 in 4 chance of being where we stay anyway - if all goes well there's a good chance we'll be staying at Palazzo again, possibly staying at Wynn again for the first time in almost two years [the wife really wants to stay there again, even though I'm lukewarm on the idea], and possibly even Caesars Palace might find it's way into the rotation again as well, since one of my longtime hosts in AC recently moved to Caesars, so I figure if I'm possibly going to be on the Total Rewards radar again and racking up TR points in AC, I might as well put Caesars back into the maybe category for Vegas as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.