1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Is there a jobs thread somewhere here?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by caldwell2, Dec 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. caldwell2

caldwell2 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A friend of mine is thinking of moving to Vegas and besides Monster and YahooJobs, Craiglist, and all that, he asked me if I knew any other options of looking for jobs in Vegas. Is there a forum on this board listing jobs? I searched and couldn't find one.

2. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas certified personal trainer/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You might try the CityData forum for Las Vegas.

Good luck!

3. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If they do not have a profile on LinkedIn they need to get one, join the groups that pertain to the work they do and also connect to recruiters that specialize in the arena they are in.

4. TomTWI

TomTWI High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If your friend has a career specialty he should look on those sites. For example Accounting/Finance should look on Robert Half and others. Medical careers also have specific sites. Engineering etc. all have head hunters that cater to them.

Without a specific career and experience it is very difficult to find jobs when not living already in Las Vegas. Las Vegas is such a transient city that most companies want at least a 6 months to a year residency minimum so they know you will stay once trained. He should be prepared for a minimum of 6 months search for entry level position.

Example: My niece (Medical Office manager/Billing) moved out to Las Vegas from Wisconsin and lived with her sister, looked for work and fairly quickly found it, better pay and benefits than she had. After my niece was getting insurance her husband with 20 years exp as a machinist followed. Took him about 10 months to find a job driving a shuttle bus. Because of his work ethic he quickly moved up and is doing great now.

I wish your friend luck. With more information on what type of job he is looking for you could probably get some better suggestions.

TomTWI

5. caldwell2

caldwell2 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks all! Will share all the info.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.