1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

is there a Carvery on the Strip?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by lornauk, May 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lornauk

lornauk Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    not seen a thread about this so i just wondered:wave:

2. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the closest thing to that would be a buffet. They all have carving stations where they will slice some sort of beef roast along with turkey, pork loin or ham. For the better buffets, they will have prime rib as a beef option. There is also Lawry's Restaurant where they will carve prime rib at the table in pretty dramatic manner.

3. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    By "carvery" do you mean a Brazilian-style restaurant where meats are presented and carved at your table? Skewers of beef, pork, chicken, lamb, sausage... mmmmmmm...

If so, Pampas Brazilian Grille at Miracle Mile Shops (Planet Hollywood) is excellent.

Bill

4. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The OP is from the UK. She means what leo21 describes as a carving station and the answer is yes, practically every buffet will have one. The higher priced buffets will have more selection and better quality meat.

5. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes and no...a carvery in the UK tends to have three or more different kinds of meat and a huge selection of vegetables. Essentially it is a help yourself Sunday roast.

6. mikenhe

mikenhe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No harvester.

Think yourself lucky!!

7. Marky147

Marky147 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Someone posted about the Crown & Anchor elsewhere and I remembered this thread.

It's not a carvery per se, but I've been told the roasts are pretty good by some of my mates who've been to the pub for Sunday dinner.

I think I may pop down and try one myself this summer while the Euros are on, that's if England are still in when I get out there :rolleyes2:

Double digits!
  8. jukie

jukie Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am also from the UK and wonder why someone would want to travel all the way to Vegas for meat and 3 veg!!!!

having said that as posted all buffets have carving stations just not with your 3 veg and yorkshires

9. wigwam_salesman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A sunday roast is one of my best hangover cures, although I know what you mean.

10. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, the buffets *will* have 3 veg (probably more)....just not the yorkshire pudding:ssst: So if that's what you're looking for, a buffet will fit the bill.

I'm still not clear if the OP wants meat & veg at a buffet, or wants a sit down meal with meat & veg choices.......

11. wigwam_salesman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All carvery's in the UK are basically a buffet with choices limited to meat and veg (and condiments). In fact, I'd go as far as saying that carvery is just a posh word for buffet :)

12. john meriman

john meriman merri by name merry by nature

Trips to Las Vegas:
    carvery?

carvery is just a mini buffet with much less choice- ive had a few carverys in manchester and vegas wins easily.:beer::wink2::wink2:

13. arkansas grandma

arkansas grandma Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    that sounds much like a Brazian Steak house.

Nita

14. wigwam_salesman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's the same principle, but a carvery is strictly for roast dinners. Generally you will have a choice of gammon, beef or turkey (usually a set portion) and unlimited vegetables and condiments.

15. Marky147

Marky147 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A good carvery here is really something special to me and I used to adore going to them. When I was a child my parents used to take my brother and I a couple times a month, I used to think it was a treat for us but I soon realised it was for mum so she didn't have to do the washing up :evillaugh

I suppose the best comparison to our carvery would be an american thanksgiving dinner as far as contents and I'm wishing I had gotten mum to cook a roast today now....

Double digits!
  16. jukie

jukie Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "meat and 3 veg" is what us english colloquially call a roast dinner it doesnt specifically have to have 3 veg

The buffets will have the veg but they dont taste as good as veg at an english carvery ( I have had hundreds of buffets in Vegas), I have yet to have any decent tasting veg at a buffet except at the Wynn.

An english carvery is essentially a buffet with less choice

Last edited: May 13, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.