1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Is my comp typical?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by mikeyvegas1, Mar 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikeyvegas1

mikeyvegas1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So just got back from a stay at Monte Carlo and I have an offer from mlife for 2-3 nights ( depending on the property) plus $50 resort credit and $40 in free play. I had 4 sessions about an hour long in blackjack betting around $10-15 a hand and 1 session over at Bellagio probably averaged $35 a hand for 2 hours. Also my wife and I played $80 ( $40 each) in video poker and we each used $50 free play from myvegas also for video poker, oh and $20 in regular slots. For the trip I ended down about $150 but a few times when playing blackjack I would color up my original amount and maybe some profit and just play with house money until I ran out. I looked at the tax documents from there website and they took a $75 profit and a $130 profit and called them $100 loss and a break even. Due to some other bad recording they had me at over a $600 loss for the trip. So what I am wondering is my play alone get me the offer or is it poor recording showing I lost more then I did get it for me?

Sons 21st birthday trip
  2. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Those loss amounts will have no bearing on comps.

The offers are based on the action you gave them.

3. mikeyvegas1

mikeyvegas1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
    Sons 21st birthday trip
  4. mikeyvegas1

mikeyvegas1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I called the Mirage find out if the offer would be extended past July. They told me a new offer would be coming and that my play was only rated at $15 per hand for 2.5 hours and the offer was due to the loss they recorded for me.

Sons 21st birthday trip
  5. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    An offer of 2-3 nights with a little resort credit and free play is a pretty standard basic comp offer from MLife, almost anybody can get that with a bit of play.

So it'd be your play that got you that offer - no matter what actually happened in the end they look at how long you played and how much money you put at risk doing so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.