1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

is july 4th busy?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by user3657, May 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. user3657

user3657 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ive notice flights/rooms are normal and even cheaper july4th ish. Is this because the 4th falls mid week this year? Or is july 4th normally not a busy time? Im flying out july 4th and coming home the 10th for the 2nd lowest prices i have ever seen since i first went 3 years ago. I even got flamingo comped for all but sat night. the TR calander shows this weekend as normal weekend pricing. Cinco de mayo prices were almost triple.

2. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When July 4th is on the weekend Las Vegas gets a fair bit busier than most summer weekends and there are more things going on.

Middle of the week, not so much. July 4 is a Wednesday this year and it'll probably be a lot busier compared to July 11th, the Wednesday the following week... that'll mainly be the people who were able to get Monday and Tuesday or Thursday and Friday off work and work it in to an extended long weekend.

Otherwise its not a big party hearty holiday, so being mid week its not going to draw a lot of people out for one day like Halloween or New Years Eve will.

3. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cinco de Mayo weekend had the Mayweather fight, Kentucky
    Derby, and a Supercross race all in town that weekend, which made the prices way higher. I think there was also a convention that same weekend. July 4th being mid-week will split the crowds between the weekend before and after, since there is no set 3 day weekend for July 4th this year.

4. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The 4th of July in Las Vegas is not like the other big holidays. Though it's one of the largest in attendance, it's also usually one of the cheapest. Resorts and Hotels keep the rates low(er) to keep the visitors coming regardless of the heat. And, it works.

Bill

5. Tree DA

Tree DA High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmm. I always thought it was party hardy. I guess hearty does make more sense. :duh:

6. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    was there last year and it was on the weekend and was fairly busy, but not like other big holidays. last weekend was incredibly busy everywhere except the HL room. i walked into the Mansion about 6pm on friday night and there wasn't a single player at a Bac table. that is generally dinner time and it did get busier later in the evening, but i was still shocked. the airports were slammed, the main floor was slammed, the restaurants were slammed.

we're going again this year the weekend after the 4th. there will be a UFC fight, so that will bring some people into town especially at MGM, but don't expect it to be anywhere near SB/NYE/Mem.

7. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was also in Vegas July 4th last year and it was not especially busy because of that holiday - it was mostly busy because of events like UFC etc. And you would think that it would be a big fireworks destination but there are actually a lot more fireworks in Vegas to be seen on New Year's Eve than on the Fourth of July.

I sure hope this year isn't a repeat of last year...it was an extended stretch of uncharacteristic humidity in Vegas and on July 4th the sky opened up and it stormed like crazy!! I was there for 10 days and the sticky heat hung around Vegas for all 10 days. Ugh!!!

8. worldtraveler661

worldtraveler661 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ya like everyone was saying, July 4th will only be unusually busy if its part of a long weekend. If its in the middle of the week, it'll just be like any other summer weekend.

We went last year and the drive back to LA wasnt bad at all. We're going the weekend before the 4th, and there's nothing really special that weekend so we hope its a pretty chill summer weekend.

9. JaviSRK

JaviSRK Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sticky heat? I'm used to that, unfortunately!

10. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can imagine - I complain about the heat (well the humidity) in NY but that is nothing compared to what you get in Texas! That is another reason why Vegas is a perfect destination - the weather, for the most part, is unbeatable.

11. Watts

Watts Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah I'll take that Vegas heat over Houston's humidity anytime.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.